It's All About Friendship




Yes - over at Anything But A Card our current challenge is Friendship. This wonderful quote really sums up the true friendships I have had over many years. All those wonderful little thoughtful gestures and just being there are held in our hearts and never diminish over time.


I thought the quote was the perfect size for an ATC. The background was made first using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink - blended, spritzed and stamped. These book pages were cut from an old book I found on a French market. The stall holder didn't want to sell it to me as there were pages missing, but in sign language I wanted to tell him it was just what I wanted! I used Spellbinders Label dies to create the feel of a little book.


A simple ATC but I hope effective!

I do hope you will join us for our challenge at Anything But a Card - there is just one week left but plenty of time to grab some supplies and make any project as long as it is not a card! And do hop on over to the blog to see the other DT projects which are all so very different and very inspirational.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x

Comments

Unknown said…
This is gorgeous. I love the look!
craftysahmiam said…
What a sweet, shabby ATC mini book. I like the curled corners of the page detail, the whole piece really!
Unknown said…
I love your idea of making the ATC look like a book and the book page too.Simple yet perfect.
Mrs Beez said…
Love this Jennie.
Rita said…
Beautifully created ATC Jennie. So very vintage , my favourite thing. Hugs Rita xxx
Love this sweet little book Jennie and the colours you have used ,
XxRuth
Lovely little book..look! It's just perfect for the theme...simple and definitely effective!
Jennie the layering makes your lovely quote really special. Love the chocolatey colours too!
Astrid Maclean said…
Beautiful Jennie and I so agree with the sentiment!
Jennie - I love all your layers, with the script and printing, and that wonderful sentiment! Your edges on all of these are fabulous also - beautiful!! xx Lynn
Toni said…
Jennie your ATC is so pretty... love how you layered the book pages.... so vintage looking... Awesome job !
Redanne said…
Your ATC is so beautifully aged Jennie, the french bookpage is just perfect and the sentiment is wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx
Margaret said…
I really love how you designed this to imitate a book opened to a favorite page! The sentiment is so perfect for this month's challenge and the layers of actual book pages frame it wonderfully!
What a wonderful ATC, Jennie - I love how you've kept the dimension in the layers of paper - beautiful work.
Alison xx