Three of a Kind


Hello everyone from a very blustery and cold Shetland (I hope the weather is better beside you!). At least it means guilt free crafting as it is far too cold to do any gardening, so yesterday I had a bit of a play to try and break a procrastination phase. Returning from New York and then catching a nasty cold virus plus a change in medication has left me rather "limp" and not in the mood for crafting which is most unlike me. So I gave myself a good talking to and had a right messy play yesterday and this is one of the tags I created.


Texture paste and a lovely new stencil from Indigo Blu formed the base and I spritzed with Rusty Hinge and Barn Door Distress Spray Stains. Not as red as I had hoped for though.


I didn't really have a challenge in mind but when I decided to go for a string of butterflies I realised this would fit nicely with this month's challenge at Stamps and Stencils which is Three of A Kind. A great mixed media challenge and as the DT consist of many of my favourite creators there is much to inspire.

So a great play (plus another project to share with you tomorrow too) and I feel much more in the mood for creating!

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for visiting me today.

Jennie x


Comments

Pamellia said…
Wowsers Jennie, this is breathtaking! I love your background, I know it's not as red as you hoped, but I think the soft colour makes a wonderful contrast with the black stamping and those vibrant butterflies!! Such a beautiful flow, I has a hard time looking away! hugs :)
Caty said…
Hola Jennie, I hope you ´ll be better this day!! Nevertheless, you ´ve created a so beautiful tag !!! I like very much this new stamp, and the background, of course, the butterflies are fabulous.... Here in Almería, Spain, it ´s a sunny day, as always, temperature around 32 degrees.... Wish you a good, better weekend, big hugs.
Caty
http://katyazursobreelespejodelmar.blogspot.com.es/
Marci said…
What a great creation! Love it. Hope you are feeling better.
Rita said…
Hello Jennie. Your tag has simply taken my breath away. Totally magnificent , the two words that sprung to mind. Glad to hear your feeling better and your crafting has never been far away from you. Love to you and T. Hugs Rita xxxx
Wow.. this is beautiful tag, Jennie!
Beautiful texture and three butterflies are just awesome!
Samra said…
Gorgeous tag! Beautiful texture and design. Always so much inspiration...
S@ndy Diller said…
You have certainly put that cold day to the best possible use. Your tag is so lovely and I love the texture you created. The butterflies are so lovely.
Love, love, love this piece!! The background is stunning, and the colors perfect - and so glad you are back on form!! xx Lynn
Ellie Knol said…
LOVE your tag, the contrast of the color is gorgeous!
Fabulous mix of imagery & texture
Unknown said…
Love the texture, gorgeous colour and that beautiful stamping. Amazing job Jennie, this is totally perfect xx
Astrid Maclean said…
Absolutely stunning tag Jennie, love what you did with those gorgeous butterflies!!!
Stunning, Jennie - the background, the butterflies, the sheer beauty of it... am in love with this one.
Alison xx
toni said…
A beautiful tag Jennie! Love the background with that trio of terrific butterflies, so glad you felt up to a little playtime, it's great to have you joining in with our Three of a Kind challenge over at Stamps and Stencils x
Unknown said…
Sooooo pretty, Jennie!! I think you need to give my mojo a talking to!! If this is the beautiful kind of creation you make when you're not feeling well, then I have problems!! Your mojo definitely needs to have a severe talk to my mojo!! :) :) But, so glad that you are feeling better--this tag most surely shows you are flying again!! XOXO-Shari
Julia S-W said…
A real beauty Jennie! Shame you've been feeling so poorly but your little talking to yourself has resulted in a stunning piece of art. I absolutely love the background you've created. The butterflies sit there just glowing and the little touch of muslin is perfect. Wow!! Hope you're over it all now and not so limp! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps & Stencils. Juliaxxx
Ruth said…
Just perfect, gorgeous stamping, dimension, simply exquisite butterflies and the muslin just such a wonderful addition. Three of a wonderful kind! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x
Julia Aston said…
What a great tag Jennie! love all the texture with paste and fibers! Hope you are feeling better soon! Julia xx
Ellie Knol said…
LOVE the contrasts on your tag!