Shabby Chic!

Hello Everyone and thank you for joining me today. A warm welcome to new followers too both here on Blogger but also on Bloglovin - I very much enjoy sharing my creative journey with you all.


So here with are at the start of another month and a new challenge at Country View Crafts. Astrid has chosen our theme this month and it is:


Shabby Chic



Just perfect for me! I decided to use some of my favourite papers from Maja Design for this card. As you can see I have used up a few little scraps as well. For me shabby chic means layers, pink/blue colours, muslin, scruffy edges and stitching.



And of course flowers, buttons, pins, pearls and ribbons!



I do hope you will find time to join in the challenge. If you need some inspiration just hop on over to the blog (HERE) as my Design Teamies have pulled together an amazing collection of Shabby Chic projects. And of course there will be more to come through the month. 


Bye for now!

Jennie x

Comments

Jac said…
wow, this is just screaming vintage, lovin the colours as well x
Pamellia said…
So gorgeous Jennie! Wowsers! I love all the pink, so delicious! Your distressed layers are perfectly shabby as is your wonderful flower arrangement! The cheesecloth really adds such a lovely shabby feel to your image as well, loving this!! hugs :)
Inkypinkycraft said…
such a beautiful project with gorgeous and delicate colours x love this make x
Such a pretty card..true to the theme! Love the papers and the layers.
Unknown said…
My jaw is on the floor - I am IN LOVE!! This is just pure shabby chic delight!! I love those Maja papers (aren't they wonderful?), and you put so much time and effort to your projects and they are just amazing! I love the layers and layout!!

STUNNING!!
Hugs
Georgie xx
Redanne said…
I agree with all of the above, this is a stunning shabby chic creation - I love Maja papers too, they never fail to please! Hugs, Anne xx
Julia Aston said…
What a gorgeous shabby chic creation Jennie! love the beautiful colors/layers/stitching/your signature flowers! and the sweet little Miss as the central focus! Julia xx
Sue said…
The edging on the layers looks like you've used lots of fabric - a wonderful effect. Just love it.
Astrid Maclean said…
Fabulous Jennie, such a gorgeous make and what a brilliant way to use up those beautiful Maja papers! Your flowers and stitching are just the perfect finishing touch!!
Scrumplescrunch said…
Hello Jennie,
Looks gorgeous and has a warm feel about it, the shabby effect is perfect for this design.
Smiles:)
Sue
Nikki Acton said…
Oh this is just wonderful Jennie! The flowers the stitching, the 'everything' ! Nxx
Paper Profusion said…
Gorgeous! Nicola x
Annie said…
a stunning collage of papers, lace and other wonderful additions Jennie. Love the image and you have certainly created a beautiful Shabby Chic piece for the challenge.

Hope the weather is improving in your neck of the woods....its been so awful here but I think today may be dry. Hard to believe its June !!!

Sending best wishes
Annie x
Deb said…
Gorgeous Jennie, so many luscious layers and a beautiful colour palette.
Could there be a better theme for you? Stunning work, Jennie - from the charming photo to the shabby edges, from the frothy cheesecloth to your magical flowers. It's lovely.
Alison xx