White Petal Branch Tutorial


As promised here is the tutorial for the small white blossoms in my vase of summer flowers which were inspired by the Snow in Summer which grows in the garden.


I cut the two smallest petals from the Spellbinders Rose Creations dies using Stampin Up Whisper White cardstock. I applied a little of the new Hickory Smoke Distress Ink around the edges and spritzed them with water to blend the colour a little.


When dry the flowers need to be shaped.


I find the easiest way is to run the ball tool on the reverse side around the edges of the petals.


Then turn the petal over and do one hard push in the centre with the ball tool.


I love these stamens which come in huge bunches but they can be split up into small clusters. (Stamens such as these can be purchased from any millinery supplier.)


I twisted some florists wire around the stamens - it was quite thin so easy to attach to the stamens.


Now I found it easier to wrap the florists tape around the wire at this stage rather than when the flower was made up.


Thread the stamen wire through the petal adding a little clear drying glue to the petal so that the two attach together.


Doesn't that Hickory Smoke look fabulous!


I die cut some small leaves and coloured them with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink (these came with the Spellbinders Rose Creations dies but any small leaf will do). I put a little bit of green florists wire on the back of the flower (sorry no photograph!). I also wound some green florists wire around a knitting needle.


Then it is time to start building up the stem. I started with a little group of flower, leaf and wire spiral and started winding the florists tape around them.


Then a little way down add in the second cluster.



Finally add the third cluster and more wire if you need it.


I think they work quite well with the cosmos and poppies in the vase but they would also work well on a scrapbook page or the front of a small mini book. Being on wires the branch can be shaped how you wish.

I hope this tutorial inspires you to have a go yourself.

Again, thanks for joining me today.

Jennie x


Comments

Inkypinkycraft said…
these are amazing jennie, the colours and the textures are so life like ...you flowers are second to none!
Scrapthat said…
So beautiful! Can't wait to see the charcoal IRL! TFS
Just fabulous, thank you Jennie for he tutorial,
XxxxRuth
Astrid Maclean said…
Oh wow Jennie, they look so professional, amazing! The new colour is on my wishlist, it works brilliantly with these flowers, the stamens look fantastic too. The whole bouquet just looks incredible! Please do a tutorial on the other flowers too one day, - I love learning from you!!!
Sue said…
These look beautiful and so natural too. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.
Pamellia said…
Wonderful tutorial Jennie, I just love how realistic these look! I've never seen stamens like those ones, I will have to go a hunting! hugs :)
Two brilliant posts, Jennie - your flower creations and tutorials are second to none, I think. Wonderful!
Alison xx