12 Tags of 2016 : April Remix


Not that I needed an excuse but after a 2.5 mile walk in freezing wind and hail I decided I needed some time in my lovely WARM craft room, so what better than my Tim Remix tag for this month. 

As usual  you can get all the details HERE.

As usual my tag is very different! I did try the little snippets of paper but I just couldn't cope with the haphazard nature and because I am ME needed something more regimented! So I decided to cut some papers with the Trellis Die and use the little pieces for my dimensional tiled effect.



I stuck my pieces on a piece of gessoed coaster board with a rough outline of the butterfly on it. But the hardest thing was actually making sure I used the die in the right place. So after a zillion measurements I put it through the Sissix and it came out just as I had wanted! Phew!


I used a woodgrain stamp and Distress Paint for my textured background and Victorian Velvet and Hickory Smoke Distress Stains and Inks. I just LOVE these two colours together.


My butterfly is only stuck at the side edge so I hope it stays put! but I like the fact that it looks as though it is flying off the tag.


I layered my finished piece onto a tag which had been spritzed with Hickory Smoke and then overstamped with the woodgrain stamp using the same ink.

Another two fabulous techniques which were really fun to revisit. 

Thank you for joining me and I hope you have all had a great weekend and had lots more sunshine and warmer weather than we have here!

Jennie x


Comments

A Pink said…
Stunning! Jennie I love the uniformity of the trellis die offcuts - genius and I don't think you could have made a better choice of paper in which to cut them from . You have such a seemless ability working those subtle colour tones to such fabulous effect to produce really stunning creations each and every time.
Really Beautiful .
Hugs x
Corrie Herriman said…
This is fabulous ! Love your take on the Tim Tag !
Corrie x
rachel said…
stunning work Jennie - I love your take on this theme and smell another winner here!!! Hugs rachel x
Monika Gulyas said…
It was all worth it, all the measurements with the trellis pieces!!! Your butterfly looks fabulous and your tag is fantastic!!!
Inkypinkycraft said…
This is gorgeous Jennie, super soft and wonderful idea with the trellis die x
Lynne Gilbert said…
Beautiful Jennie. I love that colour pallet too. Xxx
Almo said…
This tag is beautiful Jennie, so love the pretty colourtones and I think your alternative mosaic technique has worked wonderfully. Mo x
The half butterfly is gorgeous! Wonderful take!
Redanne said…
Different is good! And very beautiful too! Anne xx
Marci said…
I think this is beautiful! I love the colirs you used.
sarascloset said…
Jennie, well my week just got better after seeing this lovely tag! What a beauty with that gorgeous color combo and that lovely butterfly--my favorite! Your clever idea to use the die cut pieces versus the chopped haphazard pieces is just perfect for your style! Love, love, love that woodgrain background on the tag and the panel!

As for walking 2.5 miles in the wind and hail, my hat is off to you, because if it's not sunny and 60 degrees here, I consider it an inside day! Sounds like you are completely recovered from this past year's events! Hugs from the USA!
Ooh, I do love this... the pinky tones of the woodgrain really appeal to me, and I love the idea of the more regular mosaic tiles (not particularly in love with the random version). A brilliant twist on this month's remix.
Alison x
Ruth said…
Gorgeous inspired version of his tag, love everything about it. x