12 Tags of 2016 : August Remix

I have had a lovely afternoon catching up with my Tim tag for this month and needless to say I have gone a bit off-piste with the background! 


As usual if you want to see Tim's tag and this month's remix techniques then do click the link here


 I was a little limited by my (very limited!) palette of Distress Stains: I have used Dusty Concord and Victorian Velvet for the braying and for the Browns Brushed Corduroy and Gathered Twigs. 


I thought the brayering looked like an old wooden fence, so I ended up scoring my tag and rubbing in some more Gathered Twigs to make it look like wood panels before splotching it all over with white Gesso. 


Otherwise it is pretty much the same as Tim's. My sewing machine is still rather hidden so I had to resort to some faux stitching.


Another great remix tag and as I am so late, only a couple of days to wait for the next one !!

As always thank you for joining me today and now that things are settling down a little with laying up the boat and preparing for the panto I hope to start visiting blogs which I have so missed.

Jennie x


Comments

Scoring your tag was a brilliant move...it looks wonderful! LOVE the addition of the purple too! Great take!
Ruth said…
Beautiful tag Jennie, your faux techniques are so so effective. The scored background works so well and love the limited palette. Think I've just about worked out how you must have done the stitching but looks real to me! Gorgeous hues...Ruth x
Nancy Dynes said…
Wow, Jennie! I love your take on Tim's tag!! The way you achieved the wooden fence appearance is brilliant! I thought you used a rubber stamp! The splattering of gesso over the pastel palette is a small touch that adds a wonderful softness to the design. Also, it's impossible to tell the stitches are faux... I never would have known! You are a creative genius! Thank you for inspiring me once again!!
Hugs,
Nancy
Absolutely charming, Jennie - the colours are so soft and pretty, and I love the stitching detail. Welcome back!
Alison x
Beulah Bee said…
Really awesome color scheme!
Marci said…
This is so pretty!
Julia Aston said…
Wonderful barn board look to your background Jennie - love the purples too! Julia xx
Brenda Brown said…
A fantastic remix Jennie style, love it xxx
Mylissa Stout said…
Jennie....I really love your tag... that lovely feminine color caught my eye and I just had to visit...Love the back ground, I love anything wood grain too! Really nice! XOXO
A Pink said…
Fabulous take on Tims tag Jennie . Love your colour palette and the old wooden fence look . Its a winner for me for sure .
hugs x