Rustic Glam

Hello Everyone and thank you for your lovely comments on my Shabby Posies Tutorial yesterday. 

I was in desperate need of a "play" yesterday and as I haven't had the opportunity to join in some of my favourite challenges lately decided to use a couple of challenge themes to just "create". 


I also had a flower left over from my tutorial and decided to use that as the basis for my tag. Click the link HERE for the tutorial if you would like to see how it was made.


I started with a Tando Creative Greyboard Tag and covered it first in DecoArt Brown Acrylic Paint before adding a coat of DecoArt Crackle Paint. A little Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges gave it a rustic feel.


I cut some metal mesh using a die and as this was a bit brassy I coloured it in places with DecoArt Burnt Umber and then some Quinacridone Gold.


More mesh and a cinnamon stick plus leaves cut from hessian and a sentiment from cork - all rather rustic! And the glam provided by the ribbon, flowers, glass pins and pearls.


Finally I added white gesso here and there with a paint brush and a few splatters as well.

I really enjoyed making this and hope to find more time now that some of my commitments are getting less to play for "me" more! I would like to enter my rustic tag into two of my favourite challenges:


It is very worthwhile hopping over to both these challenge blogs for some fabulous inspirational ideas from the Design Teams.

Thank you for joining me today and I hope the sun is shining wherever you are as it is here (although it is also raining and rather windy!)

Jennie x




Comments

Brenda Brown said…
This is just so beautiful Jennie - love, love, loveee it xxx
Redanne said…
Oh Jennie, I am totally in love with this! The crackled background is fantastic and I just love, love the chicken wire and stars - and of course your gorgeous central flower - simply gorgeous!

Thanks so much for joining in our Rustic Glam challenge at Anything But Cute, always lovely to see you there! Anne xx
Sue said…
Jennie this is gorgeous, so gently and pretty. I LOVE it xx
SewPaperPaint said…
You and I must be kindred spirits because I just want to break free from responsibilities and play with abandon! So glad that you used our Rustic Glam challenge as the starting point! This is utterly gorgeous, with every detail catching my eye and in turn making me want to play play play! Ha! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Autumn
Nancy Dynes said…
Your tag is stunning, Jennie!! I adore your lovely flower. I can't wait to check out the tutorial!
Hugs,
Nancy
Marci said…
Rustic yet elegant also. Beautiful.
Deb said…
What a beautiful tag Jennie, gorgeous texture and love the rusty bits and crackle, rustic glam indeed! Deb xo
Suzanne C said…
I adore your tag! The design is definitely rustic glam with a mix of the crackle, flowers, and touches of mesh you have achieved a glorious tag. Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie "What a Mesh" challenge.
sarascloset said…
Gorgeous tag, Jennie, with perfectly rustic and glam elements that make a lovely design on that crackled background! I just love your beautiful designs, and this one has to be one of my favorites! I'm so tickled you found time to just play! And so flattered you thought of Anything But Cute to play along with! Thank you for joining our Rustic Glam challenge with this sweet creation! Hugs! Sara Emily DT
Wow! There is so much to love here: the color palette is soft and elegant. Your flower and bow cluster is shabby-licious. Ilove the mixed media background on the tag and the simple sentiment. Everything is perfectly composed and so pleasing to the eye! Thanks for joining the fun and sharing it with us at the Frilly and Funkie "What a Mesh" challenge!
Pamellia said…
Just as gorgeous as always Jennie!! Love the soft tones and your handmade flowers are so real looking, wow!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'What a Mesh' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)
Well this is a yummy tag wrapped in rustic glam goodness! So beautiful with the perfect rustic touches and the bling bling. Swoon and be still my heart! The cork sentiment knocked this out of the park for my theme. I adore this and your tutorial for the flower. Awesome sauce and amazeballs!

Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute for our "Rustic Glam" challenge. Hugz. ~Niki DT
Jenny Marples said…
Drop dead gorgeous Jennie!!! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx
Unknown said…
Jennie - this is STUNNING. It makes me think of a vintage corsage - saved to a card - after the wedding or prom. Years later... it was found looking just like this - perfectly preserved with a bit of crackling. It's just LOVELY. Thanks bunches for joining the Anything But Cute Rustic Glam Challenge! j.