Timeless ....

A warm welcome to everyone, especially if you have hopped on over from Country View Challenges.


Today I am sharing the second of my projects this month for our Anything Goes challenge. You can find all the details of the challenge HERE but do spend a while browsing all the wonderful projects my fellow teamies have posted during the month.

 A while ago I bought some gorgeous lace ribbon which was wound on this wooden flat spool. It seemed too good to go in the bin so I decided to alter it.

 The wood was quite rough so I painted it first with Gesso and then DecoArt Titan Buff Acrylic. Once this had dried I applied DecoArt Weathered Wood. 


 Titanium White Acrylic was the last paint to go on and I love it when the crackles just appear as if by magic!



I used some paper clay embellishments for the base of my decoration - the frame, butterflies and buttons. They were altered too with a brush of gesso and some gold paint.



There is also a little bit of metal tucked in under the flowers, along with some muslin and string.



And finally a sentiment.

It is always a great feeling when you have altered something that might have been destined for the bin! I think this will make a lovely birthday gift instead of a card for someone special.

As always thank you for joining me today and I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.

Jennie x




Comments

Craftyfield said…
A lovely romantic piece! A miniature Vintage photo would look great in the frame!
A Pink said…
Gorgeous! Jennie Just as I always do I love your delicate palette and decorative arrangement.
Inspiring transformation .
hugs x
Luvcreatincards said…
Hi Jennie,
thank you for sharing this gorgeous project, it is beautiful, you must be delighted with the result. It will certainly ,
make a treasurable birthday keepsake gift for your friend. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the lace ribbon that was sold on the lovely wooden spool?
Hope you are enjoying a lovely relaxing weekend, have you got snow where you are?
Warmest best wishes from France,
Su
XxxxX
Luvcreatincards said…
Hi Jennie,
thank you for sharing this gorgeous project, it is beautiful, you must be delighted with the result. I am intrigued as to how you obtained the crackle effect, without using any special crackle glaze? Is the white acrylic paint that you used something special? Or was it a magical chemical reaction with the white acrylic paint over the Art-deco paints? If you don't mind me asking, Where did you find the lace ribbon that was sold on the lovely wooden spool?
Hope you are enjoying a lovely relaxing weekend, have you got snow where you are?
Warmest best wishes,
Su
Rita said…
Love the look of this Jennie. Reminds me of France as l did see lots of things looking like this whilst on years ago. It really is beautiful. Hugs Rita xxxx