Whitewashed Dreams

Hello and welcome to the first of a number of scheduled posts as I am now sailing around the west coast of Scotland in (hopefully!) blue skies and calm seas! 


It is the fifth Friday of the month so over at A Vintage Journey we always have an open tag showcase where the Creative Guides share a tag in their own style. It is a great opportunity to just experiment and try new things and I had EVERY intention of doing something very colourful ...... but somehow this happened!

I just can't seem to get away from neutrals and it actually looks whiter than the photo would suggest but the lighting here at the moment is grim with dark skies and lots of rain and wind!



I started with a white washed tag which I overstamped with a woodgrain stamp in light grey. It got a further coat of a watery white chalk paint to tone it down a bit.  I scored along the marks of the stamp to get the "planked" look.  I really love Lynne Moncrieff's Affirmations Stamps which work well on vintage or more contemporary projects.



On a trip to the Mainland recently I managed to get hold of some white resin - it can't be posted here to Shetland (no idea why!) and have had a lovely time playing with all my moulds. I normally use paperclay but I love the sturdiness of the resin and it is easier to apply wax around the edges for a little definition.



So that's my tag! a more colourful one might happen another time!

Do please hop on over to A Vintage Journey to see what the other Creative Guides have created. There are so many different vintage shabby styles amongst us and amazing talent so worth a visit!


As always thank you for joining me and have a lovely weekend.

Jennie x



Comments

Julia Aston said…
Beautiful cream colors on this lovely tag Jennie! Your flowers look lovely with the metting, buttons and touches of green - hope you are, indeed, having blue skies and easy sailing! Julia xx
Beautiful, subtle, shabby chic perfection, Jennie! Hope you're having a wonderful time afloat.
Alison x
Brenda Brown said…
Utterly gorgeous Jennie, a beautiful tag with fabulous layering and delightful elements together in your signature shabby style, I love it. I hope you are finding some sunshine and calm seas out on Mrs Muir and have a wonderful cruise around the islands. Xxx
Marci said…
Lovely tag. You do tone on tone so well. Very elegant.
Astrid Maclean said…
A wonderful tag Jennie and I love all the lovely embellies you added! The neutral tones give it such a wonderful shabby chic feel, love it! Hope the sailing is going well, - hopefully the weather will improve soon! xxx
This is so beautiful x
SewPaperPaint said…
Such a beautiful and romantic tag, Jennie. I admire the soft hand and gorgeous textural elements you assemble in perfection Great inspiration! Hugs, Autumn
S@ndy Diller said…
Love the tag and hope you have smooth sailing!! Hugs, S@ndy
A Pink said…
Absolutely Gorgeous, Jennie. Love your use of a neutral palette and as always your selection and arrangement of elements is just perfect.
Hope you are enjoying your time at sea .
hugs x
Redanne said…
Just two words from me - absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Hope the weather is being kind to you both! Hugs, Anne xx
sarascloset said…
Jennie, this just makes me feel so peaceful! I love the white on white palette which you have perfected here! The foreign book page shows off that beautiful vignette of resin pieces, textiles and flowers. Love this! Sending hugs!
Such a beautiful delicate design. I love the text in the background and your flower is stunning. Delightful piece. Tracy x
Nikki Acton said…
I see Tracy used the word delightful... That works for me! Loving the neutral tones and beautiful composition xx
Annie said…
Such a beautiful tag in your own signature style with stunning florals

Love it

Hugs Annie xx