Tim Holtz Style Christmas Countdown Mini Book

Hello Everyone! and welcome to my finished Christmas Countdown Book. I have already shared a few photographs of some of the pages, but here it is in its entirety. It has been great fun putting this together and using some of my favourite Tim Holtz stash!


The inspiration to make the book came after seeing Jenny Marples' (Pushing the Right Buttons) wonderful Tim Holtz Style December Daily 2017 - a fabulous book for the whole of the month. 

My book is very vintage inspired and is a flip over on a stand (details at the end of the post) with the cover of the book being the page for 25 December. 



The pages have been made back to back - so the first twelve days flip over and then the book is turned around for the next twelve days. Here are some favourite pages:





And here is a video slideshow of all the pages so you can see the book in its entirety:




Postscript: the video is clearer when viewed on Youtube!

My husband Terry made the stand for me. It has lead weighted base so will take a reasonably heavy book and has two "gaps" so that the two book back covers can be placed inside the frame so the whole thing is very sturdy.




I have used all my favourite Tim Holtz goodies: the Christmas Stack of papers (8 x 8), Art Dolls, Christmas Ephemera Pack, Christmas dies (old and new), Small Talk stickers, Christmas Quote Chips and various other Ideology metal pieces. 



The base of the stand is decorated with two of my handmade Christmas flowers using Tim's Tattered Poinsettia die.

The whole process has been so much fun (I just love making little collages and the 6 x 4 pages were just a perfect size). I can't wait now for the 1st December! It is a tradition in our family that the house is only decorated for Christmas a couple of days before (my parents both had their birthdays in the week before Christmas and Mum liked to keep birthdays separate and is something we have continued). I thought it would be lovely to have a little corner on the dresser with my flip over Christmas Countdown Book along with an Advent Candle. It will feel as though Christmas is coming!


Thank you for joining me today and happy crafting!

Jennie x


Comments

Jenny Marples said…
Oh Jennie this is every bit as fabulous as I thought it would be! Each page reveals yet another festive vignette that displays your trademark gentle vintage beauty. Thank you so much for sharing and thank you for the shout out xxx
Margaret said…
A beautiful book Jennie!
SewPaperPaint said…
Oh my goodness Jennie!!! Shut the front door! This is a little piece of crafty heaven to my eyes and soul! Those delightful dolls displayed in such beautiful ways. The holder is genius, bravo Terry! I am so delighted by seeing this and just want to play for hours now. Thank you thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hugs, Autumn
Redanne said…
What a triumph Jennie! I loved seeing each of the pages on your video (great music too) and the stand that Terry made is fabulous! Absolutely stunning! Hugs, Anne xx
Astrid Maclean said…
Out of this world Jennie, LOVE this and such a super idea! It is going to look wonderful in your special advent corner. Such great use of all those Tim Holtz goodies, each page looks fantastic and I loved the slideshow and lovely music! How wonderful Terry made that stand, super clever!!!
Pamellia said…
So incredible Jennie! I love the combination of the vintage tones and images with the feminine accents like those decorative pins, laces and the shabby bow! So many festive bits, what a gorgeous holiday creation! hugs :)
A Pink said…
What an absolute treasure! Jennie . Every page so beautifully created in keeping with your signature style. An absolute delight to sit here and admire - thank you for sharing .

Your hubby's hand made stand is masterfully designed and crafted.

hugs x