I had absolutely no intention of doing this little project! But I spent yesterday evening trying to match up some blue and brown paper with my Distress Inks and thought I really needed a Swatch Book. I remembered seeing something in Craft Stamper a while ago and the project was obviously "lodged" somewhere in the recesses! So here it is - I spent all last night and this morning on it!!!! But it really is quite a cute little book and will be really useful. (Actually it was quite addictive! I am now thinking of doing a glimmer mist one ...........)
For each colour I took a tag, coloured each tag with the ink, spritzed the bottom half of the tag with water and then stamped a flourish over both sections. This should give me an idea of the different strengths of colour available. And I was quite surprised at how the different inks took the water. I printed off the Ranger DI labels and stuck these on the bottom of the tag.
On the reverse I have started putting together some of my favourite combinations and I will build this up as I go along.
I could also do with putting a small piece of dyed ribbon on each tag too now that white seam binding is my ribbon of choice. But again I will complete that as I dye pieces.
So a happy playing time and now I suppose I should get on with some ironing!