Distress Ink Swatches!


I had absolutely no intention of doing this little project!  But I spent yesterday evening trying to match up some blue and brown paper with my Distress Inks and thought I really needed a Swatch Book.  I remembered seeing something in Craft Stamper a while ago and the project was obviously "lodged" somewhere in the recesses!  So here it is - I spent all last night and this morning on it!!!! But it really is quite a cute little book and will be really useful.  (Actually it was quite addictive!  I am now thinking of doing a glimmer mist one ...........)

For each colour I took a tag, coloured each tag with the ink, spritzed the bottom half of the tag with water and then stamped a flourish over both sections.  This should give me an idea of the different strengths of colour available.  And I was quite surprised at how the different inks took the water.  I printed off the Ranger DI labels and stuck these on the bottom of the tag.

On the reverse I have started putting together some of my favourite combinations and I will build this up as I go along.  

I could also do with putting a small piece of dyed ribbon on each tag too now that white seam binding is my ribbon of choice. But again I will complete that as I dye pieces.


So a happy playing time and now I suppose I should get on with some ironing!

Comments

Alison said…
Looks like you had fun with these tags Jennie! What a great idea! x
Debbie said…
Wow Jennie what a fab idea and they will be at hand when you need them. dx