Grungy Monday 32 : A Little Tag Review


I have really missed not joining in with the Grungy Monday Challenge these last couple of weeks, so just had to get organised this week to take part.  Linda has very aptly given us all a second chance to visit the 12 Tags and have another go at our favourite new technique. 

Of all the techniques over the 12 days it was the acrylic paints on embossed metal which really bowled me over.  I didn't think it would work when I saw it, but I followed the process through and was very pleased with the result.  So I just had to have another go, this time with some non-christmassy colours - Pool, Aqua and White.  I didn't want to cover up the embossing, so I just added a hand-made flower with (and this was another technique I just adored from the 12 tags) a pearl coloured with alcohol ink.

So two favourite techniques!

Click the link HERE to go to Studio L3 and see Linda's fabulous tissue flowers and some other fantastic entries.  And HERE to go to the Tim Holtz blog and all the wonderful tags and techniques.

I hope everyone is having a good week - it snowed here this morning, but didn't settle (thankfully!).

Comments

Sue said…
Ohhh...these are sooooo my colors, Jennie! And I used the same technique! Love your take on it.
Nice to see you again!!! This is beautiful and so wintery in that gorgeous blue!!! That was probably my favorite technique as well...well maybe the tissue wrap might be first. Anyway, this is fabulous! I love monochromatic pieces and you definitely nailed this!!!
Alison said…
Stunning tag Jennie, beautiful colours! I loved that technique too once I'd tried it! x
xxxtglxxx said…
Great tag Jennie - really inspirational! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx
Hettie said…
Oh! Jennie this is stunning. I might just have to have a go now, but I prefer yours!! Shh! Don't tell Tim!
maz said…
Hi Jennie

Congratulations on being the blog of the month in ‘Craft Stamper.’ Your craft work is absolutely beautiful. I love your designs and colour combinations. I will certainly be following your blog in the future for inspiration.
Stunning art work!

Warm wishes
Maria
Maria said…
Jennie, this is gorgeous! Well done! And I love the colors you chose!!
Unknown said…
I love Tim Holtz tags! I cant wait to try this technique.
Great Tag!
Jacquie
love to have you share your tag on https://www.facebook.com/groups/craftingtags/