Be Thankful for What You Have ..............


I was quite taken with the current GINGERSNAP CREATIONS CHESTNUT THEME challenge

Words of Wisdom

as one of my favourite stamps is "Be thankful for what you have" which I thought came from an English poem.   How wrong!  googling it reveals that Oprah Winfray is the instigator of this quote!  Anyway I still love it and of course it is so true.

I have been making some different kinds of paper flowers this week having seen a number of new tutorials around various sites.  This flower is made from cardstock from the Tim Holtz Co-ordinations Distress Collection which is quite thick and a bit difficult to mould but dries an absolute treat!  I used Donna Salazar's Rose dies and it reminds me of an old English hedgerow rose. 

Our local picture framer gave me a whole bag of offcuts which are super for making a hanging and the white core card seems to take Distress Stains beautifully without bubbling up. 

Do have a look at the entries into this challenge as the entries are very varied and there is some stunning work.  Many of the quotes would be good inspiration for scrapbookers too.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Stunning! Love the rose and the quote too and it is a lovely composition. I have some of that mountboard but find it difficult to cut through so don't make the best use of it ... I really should try harder as I'd love to make something as beautiful as this :) Elizabeth x
...such a stunning flower Jennie, the texture of the paper adds to it's beauty...good ole Oprah, amazing lady with an infinite heart...Mel :)
May said…
Beautiful, just love this flower it's stunning!! I love this quote, I have never seen this stamp, the detail in which you have put it all together is Fabulous, Hugs May x x x
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous hanging! Awesome!
pooky said…
Beautiful work of art!! Just found you and am now following you! Have a super weekend!
Lynne Moncrieff said…
Hi Jennie
Gorgeous colours and this would make a pretty gift for someone.
Wishes
Lynne