Love is not just for Valentines Day ..............


First of all I really want to say a HUGE welcome to those of you who have visited but particularly joined my blog over the last month.  I can't tell you how excited I have been to see my number of followers steadily increasing and the huge range of visitors worldwide.  It really is awesome - and I don't use that word lightly!

So lots of hugs and love coming from this little spot in Shetland to everyone ....... thank you!

So what am I sharing today?  Well over at Swirlydoos (my favourite scrapbooking site) Paulien is hosting a "Card Journey" and each week she is showcasing a card with different techniques.  This is my card based on her tutorial and I just loved the colour combinations she used, the pleated paper, the "row" of pearls and the double stacked buttons.  We also did some stamping with string, but unfortunately most of mine is covered up!

As hearts are this month's challenge over at the Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog, this card just fits in perfectly.  Do click the link and visit the site as the DT projects are so inspiring and Jennie's rose heart using the Alterations Pine Cone Die is simply stunning!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend and there has not been too much snow.  We have had a really springlike day and so far it has been a very good winter (probably I should not have said that!).

Comments

Catherine said…
I love this Jennie -- perfect for Valentine's Day!
Artyjen said…
The layers on your card make it so special. Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month :)
xox Sioux
Netty said…
Beautiful Valentines card and love the embellies, x
Alison said…
Your card is beautiful Jennie, I love the torn edges! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper Challenge! xox
Sue said…
A lovely card Jennie and a change from the usual style of Valentine card.
Jackie said…
I've found you! It was so lovely to meet you and next year I will be packing my sewing machine .
You have a lovely blog.
I'm hoping to update mine very soon, it will be a travel post next.