Home Sweet Home for A Vintage Journey


The first Friday of a new month and time for a new challenge over at A Vintage Journey. I am hosting this challenge and the theme I have chosen is


Home Sweet Home

For most of us the summer holidays are over, schools are back and it is nice to be home and back in the usual routines. So for this challenge let's create a project which sums up "home" (either past or present) using Tim's fabulous array of products and techniques. Just make sure Tim's style is evident in what you make.



Whilst I loved my summer holidays as a child I couldn't wait to get home to make a box to keep all those wonderful treasures I had collected. I had boxes all over my bedroom full of the most amazing junk! So in memory of those cereal cardboard/wallpaper boxes made in the past I have used Eileen Hull's Cannister Die and many of Tim's products in my own mixed media vintage style.



What I would have given all those years ago for metal embellishments and flowers. I do seem to remember trying to stick things on the outside of the box but then we didn't have much in the way of good glue then, so I expect it all dropped off!



This Photo Booth picture is a rather startling likeness to me - my husband thought it actually was me! My hair was always in this "crimped" style (I had to sleep with my hair curled up in grips and it was always a mess in the morning) and I had a lot of sail collar clothes. 


I do hope you will join me and the rest of the team for this challenge. The challenge will last for the rest of the month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a £20 voucher from Country View Crafts. We also award Pinworthy Badges to the Top 3 entries chosen by the Creative Guides. 

If you are looking for inspiration then do hop on over (HERE) as the Creative Guides have created an amazing array of wonderful projects.

As always, thank you for joining me today and have a great weekend.

Jennie x





Comments

Julia Aston said…
What a wonderful box to keep memories in Jennie! Beautiful adornments on cover and sides - lovely colors, flowers and detail!! This was a super challenge! Julia xx
This is absolutely charming, Jennie - I love the delicate colour palette and gentle nostalgic feel. I'm very impressed that it's a die - I thought you'd altered an old canister at first! Beautiful work, and a lovely post recalling those childhood collections. Great theme too, I had a ball, thank you.
Alison xx
Wow Jennie I thought this was also an old Upcycled tin, a die for my list. Love all your vintage accents and soft colour tones and what fun having found this photo resembles you.
Great challenge.
Julie x
Nikki Acton said…
Wonderful and inspiring creation Jennie - I am going to have to steal Alison's word - it is simply charming xx
A Pink said…
What a beautiful project Jennie with a lovely touch of nostalgia . I always love your subtle use of colour and your ability to embellish so beautifully . I hope you make many happy memories to keep safe in your wonderful creation x
S@ndy Diller said…
What a great theme for the challenge and you project is Awesome!! I love all the details you added. The story that accompanies the box is so sweet and fun to read.
Astrid Maclean said…
A great challenge theme Jennie, so sorry I could not be part of it! Your project looks wonderful, I so love your style!!
Anonymous said…
Het is een prachtige doos Jennie.
Echt nostalgie met de dame .
Jehebt er wat moois van gemaakt .
Groetjes Jannie
Brenda Brown said…
This is such a delightful box Jennie and a wonderful place to put some of those treasures. Ahhh the memories of having lots of collections when we were younger - it just grew to become an adult thing too lol.
Have a great weekend.
hugs Brenda xxx
Nancy Dynes said…
I love, love, LOVE your altered canister, Jennie!! It has that perfect vintage feel that you are the master of. I can just imagine you as a young girl, crafting away with the supplies you had on hand. And look where it has led you!! Thank you for always inspiring me!!
Hugs,
Nancy
Ohhhh Jennie, This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it!
Jenny Marples said…
How amazing that Tim found a likeness of you to include in the Photo Booth collection! I love how you've recreated your projects of the past (this time with such panache!) A wonderful theme. Jenny x
Terry said…
Lovely memory keeper, Jennie! The soft colors and collaged layers are beautiful! Happy Sunday!
rachel said…
beautiful work Jennie - really gorgeous photo and how lovely that it looks so like you - love the story behind your box too - beautiful. Hugs rachel x
SewPaperPaint said…
What a beautiful and inspiring project! Love this!
sarascloset said…
Jennie, your vintage box is just precious, as is your post. I loved hearing about how you collected things and of the boxes you made to put them in. Ah, memories! Great to find a twin among one of Tim's found relatives! And how well you used it on this pretty box! I love your stitched background and those gorgeous blooms! And the metal embellishments which look so time worn...this is just a breath of fresh air!