Art Journal Musings



Time for my second post for Country View Challenges where our challenge is to use a stencil. I had so much fun with my first art journal page I decided to make another. Similar in a lot of respects but different colours on different paper and this time a bit of a plan!


I chose my colours as little more carefully for a more subtle but contrasting effect.


Again my favourite way of getting ink on the page - wrinkle free distress technique. As the paper is slightly thicker in this art journal I got some different effects.




Lots of stencils this time!



I blended the inks through the stencils but this time very lightly to get a more ghosting effect. Sometimes I didn't get a good impression through the stencil, but it added to the effect I was trying to achieve. A flourish has the great ability to tie everything in together - be it a stencil or a stamp!



More texture paste through the text stencil and some added words and numbers. However, I started to regret using the brown and tried to remove it in the top left hand corner and made a bit of a mess!



But quotes came to the rescue! This time I stamped with Distress Ink so the stamping blended more into the background.





 
Two art journal pages using very similar techniques but totally different by using softer colours and blending in a lighter way. Here is the link to my first page if you would like to compare them further.

You still have plenty of time to join us in our challenge, so get out those stencils and have some fun!!!

And of course don't forget our fabulous blog hop with the wonderful prize for one lucky winner. You can find all the details HERE if you missed it on the first of the month.


Jennie x

Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
Both pages are stunning Jennie, - I really could not say which one I like better! I totally adore the soft colour effects of stamping, stencilling and subtle textures. Just beautiful, both of them!!
Marci said…
I like this one maybe better? Both are really beautiful. I love the subtle colors.
Love them both.. beautiful colors and layering!!
Craftyfield said…
Both are great Jennie, both using delicate tones. I love how the layers come together!
Enjoyed these pages very much over at CVC - so light and airy.
Alison x
Corrie Herriman said…
Beautiful soft colours ! Love it !
Corrie x
sarascloset said…
Beautiful pages! Love the layering you did with the stencils and the gorgeous soft colors! No one does soft like you! and those pops of black really set it all off! Gorgeous!
Brenda Brown said…
Definitely beautiful subtle colours and gorgeous pages, love them xxx
A Pink said…
Stunning pages! Jennie . Love all the layers of stenciling , the textured script and such a beautiful colour palette controlled with real subtlety that you do so well and so effortlessly .
thank you for the inspiration to go dig out my journal again- its been left ignored for too long .
hugs x
craftimamma said…
Stunning pages in both cases Jenine & I couldn't choose a favourite. Beautiful layering of colours.

Hugs
Lesley Xx