Cyprus Travel Journal

Hello and Welcome!

We have a new challenge starting over at A Vintage Journey today which is all about books. As this co-oincides with me flying out to Cyprus with my two old school friends for our annual trip away, I just had to make a journal.


The lovely Deb is our host this month and our challenge theme is "Book It". For all the details of the challenge then hop on over to her fabulous blog post HERE and also to see how the rest of the Creative Guides have interpreted this fabulous theme.
I recently bought these gorgeous Stamperia papers and thought they just summed up the feel of Cyprus (not having been there yet though!).  The patterns were bright and quite large so I thought they would suit Eileen Hull's Journal Die best.


I cut my covers out from stiff card first and decided I needed to get the patterns absolutely perfect on the covers. So rather than put the papers in the Sissix machine I measured everything and cut it out of the paper to get that gorgeous design wrapping around the journal.


The 1/4" corner chomp on the Crop-A-Dile is a perfect match for Eileen's die so I got my rounded corners easily.


The covers were then adhered to the board. As I only wanted two signatures inside (I am only on holiday for a week!) I glued the spine together to make it smaller.


I then glued strip on to the spine and repunched the holes. Voila! all ready to go with decoration!


I had bits and pieces of the papers left for decoration and of course lovely tags which are included in the paper stack. There is a pocket on the inside cover ......


.... and this year very glamorous photographs depicting the three of us !!!


Small collages on the individual pages just ready for journalling.


A useful pocket for tickets.


Some of Alison's wonderful Friendship quotes.


And another pocket on the inside back cover. I have been waiting to use this Tim Holtz Found Relatives photograph for ages!


There is not much decoration on the cover as the papers were just so beautiful I didn't want to cover them up. (The translation is: Nothing is Art if it does not come from Nature.)

The journal is all ready in my case for writing up each evening and all the little collections of bits and pieces I manage to collect!  I don't know how many of these wonderful Journals I have made now.  Eileen Hull has really given us so many wonderful dies I can't imagine not going on holiday without one! Thank you Eileen!!!!!

As always thank you for joining me today and don't forget to hop on over to A Vintage Journey to see all the other fabulous makes for this challenge. And of course I hope you find the time to join us too.

Have a great weekend! I will !!!!

Jennie x

Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
Jennie, first up, I hope you are having the most amazing time in Cyprus!! Your journal looks fantastic, I am in love with those papers already and the way you have used them looks super! I love the simplicity of the cover and the little collages, pockets etc on the inside look fabulous! It will be a joy to write in and capture all the wonderful memories!!
Redanne said…
Jennie, I too, hope you are having a wonderful time in Cyprus with your friends. Those papers are stunning, the cover reminds me of beautiful Italian/Greek tiles- you could not have chosen better papers for your journal, given it's intended purpose. I just love the found relatives picture of the three ladies and the friendship quotes are delightful. Hugs, Anne xx
S@ndy Diller said…
What a wonderful way to commutate your travels. Have a marvelous time.
Hugs, Sandy
Deb said…
Oh Jenny, I adored this from the first moment that I saw it, that paper is exquisite and evokes the sunny Mediterranean so well, what a perfect choice for your beautiful holiday journal! Love all the wonderful embellishments that you have added and that picture is absolutely perfect on the back cover. Thanks so much for sharing it and have a wonderful holiday in Cypress! Deb xo
Christine Kiehl said…
Fabulous! I loved Cyprus! One of only places out of the US I would visit twice!! So beautiful and if you choose you can FILL that travel journal with photos! Have fun!
Carolyn Kropp said…
Your work is beautiful!!
WOW!!! Amazing and so sweet!! LOVE it!
Julia Aston said…
I just love these papers Jennie! They look like beautiful tropical tiles and are perfect to record events on your lovely vacation to Cyprus! Xx
Annie said…
What a beautiful journal you have created to record your Cyprus holiday Jennie x stunning papers and delightful details inside and out xx have an amazing time with your friends xx
It's absolutely gorgeous, Jennie! The paper is stunning - those tiles look perfect for Cyprus to me too, never having been there... and I love the little echoes of them inside in the pockets and collages. Just magical! That's one of my favourite Found Relatives snaps too - so evocative of its time and of summer holiday fun. I like the elegant narrower spine too. Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!
Alison x
A Pink said…
LOVE! both inside and out. You have showcased those papers with sheer excellence, Jennie and given the insterior as much beauty as the exterior with all your wonderful added extras.A lison quotes were made for your friendship holiday journal.
Hope you have the most wonderful time and are able to fill thos beauty with lots of happy memeories .
Hugs x
Carol said…
Beautiful journal - Enjoy Cyprus one of my favourite Greek Islands !! xx
Beautiful Jennie, love it. Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx
Wow, what a stunning journal! You have captured Cyprus beautifully with the papers and colours that you have used 😁. I hope you are having a wonderful time, we have travelled there many times over the years. Happy travels! J 😊 x
Marci said…
Your journal is beautiful!
bkazoo said…
Stunning and so inspiring. Thank you for sharing
eileen hull said…
Jennie your Journal is just beautiful! Great tips on conserving that gorgeous paper and smart way to line it up perfectly. Cyprus sounds fantastic especially going with your good friends. Thanks for sharing your fantastic book!
Oh my word but this is gorgeous! Love the colors and it makes me wish I was in Greece with you!