Tea Dyed Vintage Tag

Hello and welcome to the last day of May ..... 

... and the fifth Friday of the month, so a Tag Friday for us all over at A Vintage Journey!


As Creative Guides we really love these tag creation days - a chance to experiment, use up bits on our craft table and generally have fun! Do hop on over to the blog HERE see the stunning tags created by the rest of the team.  And some fabulous news as we have four new designers joining us which is really exciting - so welcome to Anne, Barbara, Toni and Jo!


This tag was really a chance for me to use some of the habitual "bits" that sit on my desk. I seem to have crafted so much with textiles just lately there were loads of little pieces gathering dust so I cut some tea stained calico into a tag and decided to just sew bits and pieces randomly.


Once everything was sewn to the linen I could then attach it to a cardstock tag by sewing around the edges.  I didn't use any glue at all - everything is sewn on!


There is no stamping on this tag but I did add a little texture paste to the empty area on the right hand side.


All the ribbons and lace have been in a tea-bath for varying lengths of time and they all take the colour differently. It really is my favourite "go to" dye.


This metal embellishment has been sat on my desk for months, so at long last it has been used!


I really had fun making this tag and it came together really quickly with all the random sewing.

As always thank  you for joining me and I do hope you all have a lovely weekend which includes some form of crafting.

Jennie x




Comments

Brenda Brown said…
How lovely that you have sewn your tag together with all those sweet elements, it is gorgeous. I love the colours that tone together so beautifully and the little bit of stencilled texture adds wonderful depth and interest. This is such a delightful and creative tag Jennie in your own fantastic inimitable style, I love it xxx
Wow, what a beautiful tag! The softness of the design is magical and I loved reading how you created it; I was amazed to find out that everything is sewn in place rather than glued 😊. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm so excited to join you as part of the Creative Guide team, thank you for the warm welcome! Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Jo xx
Deb said…
Gorgeous tag Jennie and I love that you sewed it onto your tag substrate instead of gluing it, the results are beautiful. Love thetexture paste stenciling with your bits and bobs of tea dyed laces and embellishments, so elegant as always. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo
Astrid Maclean said…
How clever to make a tag out of all those fabric left overs, it looks so tactile and beautiful in it's vintage perfection! The added texture of the stenciling makes for such a subtle contrast too, love everything about this tag!
Julia Aston said…
What a beautiful textile tag Jennie! The stitches all look wonderful - love the soft colors and pretty layers! xx
What amazing linen tag Jennie!! I love the colours that tone together, so beautiful. I am so thrilled to have joined as a Creative Guide at A Vintage Journey and I am really looking forward to following your journey with the team. Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Ann
Another delight, Jennie - the subtle shades of the tea are warm and gentle, and the stitching detail adds a wonderful extra touch of texture and interest. Charming!
Alison x
Redanne said…
Such a beautiful tag Jennie, gentle colours and beautiful design. I love the stencilling in the background and your wonderful stitching. You have done amazing things with all those bits and bobs! Hugs, Anne xx
Annie said…
Your tag is stunning Jennie with gorgeous stitching and pieces of tea-dyed
fabric x Dont you just love it when bits n pieces come together so beautifully xx

Sending huge hugs to you x
Annie x
A Pink said…
If only all the 'bits' left on my craft table came together as harmoniously as this I would be one very happy creative!
YOur tag is a so beautiful in every which way and I love that it is all sewn - makes it seem so much more handcrafted .

Hugs
Aamnda x