A Life At Sea

Well this is the fourth and final canvas.  The background was to be melted beeswax but unfortunately my wax crayons and beeswax didn't result in the right colour blue and even after melting it all off and trying again with natural beeswax I didn't feel the colour was right if the four canvases were to be hung as a set.  So I resorted to tissue paper and paint as in the first canvas.

I love this photograph of my mother in law Molly with her brothers and mother and father.  A Life at Sea?  Both Terry's grandfather and his uncle (the little lad in the sailor suit) had a career at sea as First Class Stewards on passenger liners and Terry's Mum volunteered for the Royal Navy at the start of WWII.

I have really enjoyed this course and the four canvases work well together:


Comments