Home from the Sea ...........

 

As soon as I saw the colours for this week's CSI Challenge I knew the photograph I wanted to scrap!  The colours just cried out vintage and a sepia photo.


The little girl in the photograph is my mother-in-law, Mollie, and this is a rare family photograph, as her father spent many months at sea away from the family home.  The sea was in their blood as my mother-in-law was a Wren in the Royal Navy and her older brother was a steward on large liners.  Sadly the little boy in the sailor suit died at a young age during a routine operation.
 
In addition to using the colours of the scheme I have also used:
  • silver metal
  • vintage text
  • textured paper
  • and the word HOME.
I am really enjoying making these paper flowers using Donna Salazar's Spellbinders die Bitty Blossoms.
 
They are becoming quite addictive!
 
There are some jaw droppingly wonderful layouts by the CSI Design Team - all amazingly different!  Click the link HERE to have a look.
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for looking and have a lovely weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 

Comments

Artyjen said…
Your layout made my jaw drop too....it's gorgeous! :)
xoxo Sioux
Julia S-W said…
and I'm just picking my jaw up off the floor!! This is my favourite so far Jennie. You have interpreted the colour inspiration perfectly. What I really love is that gorgeous vintage green artfully placed in amongst your flowers - which I'm drooling over of course. It reminds me of verdigris.
How wonderful to have these old photos. I have an album full of photos but I don't know who they are and there's nobody to ask. . . and my Grandma who put it together stuck them all down with supersonic strength glue so I have to photograph/scan each one individually if I want to use it! My sister was a nursing sister in the QARNS branch of the Wrens and my Father did 25 years in the Royal Navy so I loved reading about your history.
Best be off before you start snoring - sorry to ramble!!
Have a great weekend,
Juliaxx
Jenny said…
Stunning page Jennie... I love the gorgeous paper flowers too... and what a beautiful photo... was lovely to see some snippets about it...

Happy Weekend...
Jenny ♥
Sue said…
A beautiful layout Jennie and the flowers are amazing.
chrissie said…
The whole page is amazing and the colours so beautiful.

Love Chrissie xx
Jackie said…
Hellooo! I was just thinking about you and wondering how you are so I popped in to see and found a lot of lovely things. You are a very busy person. Hope the panto goes well. You certainly have a lot going on.
fairy thoughts said…
lovely work, very inspiring
janet