Flow Away on the Wind ......



A very apt title as it is blowing a hoolie here!  After three weeks of beautiful calm weather we have had three days of gales!  

One of my wonderful surprises last week was to be in the top three of the very first Country View Crafts Challenge.  And all three of us are being asked back as Guest Designer's in May, which is very exciting.  


This month's challenge is butterflies and I thought I would have a go at a hanging with the Tim Holtz Birdcage Die.  


I have used Weathered Wood Distress Crackle on some ordinary cardboard and then dressed it up with some scrunched netting and muslin leaves.  The flower was made with the Donna Salazar Carnations Die Set from handmade paper (not mine!). I have just completed an online course with Donna and now have quite a few new ideas for flowers as a result!


I did stamp some butterflies, but they looked a bit wimpy so I cut into a wonderful piece of Graphic 45 paper for these gorgeous beauties.

Do pop over to the Country View Crafts latest challenge HERE as there are some stunning DT entries - absolutely TONS of inspiration from a very talented group.  There are new entries being released all the time, so scroll up to the Home page too to make sure you get them all.

Have a lovely day and don't get blown away!


Comments

Artyjen said…
Your flowers are always so delish ;) As this one is too....makes a lovely hanging piece.
xoxo Sioux
Inkypinkycraft said…
This is gorgeous and your flowers are delightful!! Trace x
Brenda Brown said…
Such a beautiful piece of art Jennie, I live the idea and the wonderful flower and butterflies. Thanks for joining us again at Country View Challenges.
Hugs {brenda} x0x
Unknown said…
Another beautiful piece Jennie, this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx
Oh, I love this, Jennie - the Weathered Wood crackle is gorgeous on the birdcage, and I love your oh-so-real looking butterflies - delicious! And congrats on both the win and the GD spot - so well deserved...
Alison x
What a fabulous piece. I love birdcages and making an ornament with the die is such a great idea :). Thanks for sharing! x