More Spring Blooms
We have such a lovely open challenge this month at Country View Challenges and it was a real opportunity for me to try something completely different. My Luminarte Primary Elements Powders and Silks have been sitting on the desk just waiting for such an opportunity!
This little canvas measuring 4" x 6" is made up of lots of bits and pieces mainly because I wanted to see how they would take the sprays and paints.
And so this is how it started! The little frame is from a dolls house set I found in a charity shop, a rather oddly inked handmade flower and some other flowers from Hobbycraft picked up in the sale. Hiding underneath is a small lace flower and tucked in and around are paper clay roses and a paper clay butterfly. I managed a few pieces of metal and a card die cut. All were stuck on to a piece of greyboard which had been given a light coat of gesso.
Once everything was stuck down I covered the lot in two coats of Claudine Hellmuth Gesso which is really lovely and thick. I am afraid I forgot to take a photograph of this bit!
Then I started spraying! I used a tiny amount of Lucky Apple but plenty of Rose Gold and Go Navy. They dry so much lighter on the gesso.
I then started using the Primary Elements powders straight from the pot to cover the embellishments. Just using a lightly wet paintbrush allowed me to brush the powders here and there, but particularly on the frame.
I finished up with Honey Amber Silk, just a tiny amount on my finger rubbing it in here and there but mainly on the metal, the paper clay and the flower stamens.
I really loved the way this whole project progressed and the final result. It looks way too arty to be anything I have made! I am amazed at the transformation of the paper clay!
I did blend a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edges and added a few splatters for a little definition.
Fabulous fun and a great experiment!
Thank you for joining me today and I do hope you will find time to enter our challenge and have some fun experimenting yourself.