Birthday Card Keeper Set using Eileen Hull's Card Organiser Die

I have been having great fun using some of Eileen Hull's new Sissix Book Club dies and today I am sharing this Birthday Card Keeper set. Although these dies are not on sale in the UK yet I decided to send to the US for them - so a real treat!


As soon as I saw the Card Organiser Die I knew I wanted to make one for keeping birthday cards as I make them.  I have just received some gorgeous 13@rts papers and decided to jump in and make one. Well ..... one turned into four and then I just had to use up all the little bits as well.

So I hope this isn't too long a post, but here goes!


This was my first. The box was cut from Daler & Rowney Graduate Mountboard. I then cut my patterned paper out in one piece, but instead of sticking it down I trimmed each piece separately so it didn't affect the folded mount board. It was quite easy to do by just using the score guidelines.


At this point I realised that one wasn't going to be enough, so made another three using another sheet of the 13@rts papers. As I was joining these three together it was pretty efficient on paper, I just needed to cut two extra binders for the front and back. 


Again I have cut my papers so they run along in sequence.


I blended Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges of the papers before sticking them down and also added a gold pen edging to define the edges of the boxes.


These tag plates come with the die and I know will be very useful on many projects. I decided I needed three boxes for my stamping friends, family and friends. 


Pressed into action already!


I still  had some of the lovely pink paper left so made this little birthday dates book using Eileen's Needlebook Die. I absolutely adore this little die! I made the book in exactly the same way as the boxes, cutting out the papers in one and then cutting them on the scorelines before glueing down.


Now I was really down to the tiny little bits! I cut a piece of the leftover mount board and made a pocket on each side using two little scraps and some lace.


Just perfect for keeping some stamps ready for posting.


This was a really lovely project to make and will be a really lovely project to use!


If you are wondering about the flowers I have used to decorate the boxes, these are my own handmade roses. You can find a tutorial for them on my blog here:



As always thank you for joining me today!

Jennie x



SaveSave

Comments

SewPaperPaint said…
I adore these Jennie! What an exquisite display of useful art! I hope it keeps you more and more organized this year. Loooove the pretty pinks here! Hugs, Autumn
Astrid Maclean said…
Oh Jennie, these just totally rock, and I really love the idea!!!! You have just totally inspired me to make a set like this too, as like you I ordered the die from the States. Those 13 arts papers are gorgeous, and your roses are just the perfect embellishments. Next time when we get together, can we please, please make some? I have tried to make them following your tut, but mine just never turn out as beautiful as this :o(. I think I need hands on guidance!
Have a wonderful month!
xxxx
Annie said…
wow !!! Your Beautiful Card Organiser die is fabulous Jennie and those papers are simply stunning. Love your amazing storage xx I can see you making many more xx

TFS and hugs
Annie x
Nikki Acton said…
Beautiful Jennie!
Margaret said…
I can see why you couldn't resist this die Jennie! Your storage boxes are beautiful and useful. And the papers are gorgeous.
Margaret
Raquel Burillo said…
Love these Jennie!! They are beautiful! I'll go to see how you made the flowers!! Thanks for sharing it all! And the post didn't feel long at all :) have a lovely day!! Raquel xxx
Dortesjs said…
awsome and so sweet ;O)