Eileen Hull Release : Tiny Book and Tiny Book Case

Hello and welcome to you all.

It is an exciting day today as it is the official launch of Eileen Hull's Tiny Book and Tiny Book Case die! You know how much I love little books ..... well this is just a winner for me!


Before I went to Creativation in January this year I made some samples for Eileen which were on show in her workshops in the Sissix Booth and which I can now share with you.


I used mixed media products on this box (PaperArtsy Fresco Chalk Paint and Infusions) and added a flower made from Eileen's flower dies (tutorial to follow soon!).


For the second box I used some much loved Stamperia papers (it doesn't take very much!)  ......


....... and decorated it with another flower made with Eileen's dies and the little eyelet tag which comes with the die. I embossed this with gold embossing powder and did the same with the Eileen's Love Sentiment.


The little books are sooooo cute! measuring just 3" high by 2 1/4" wide and fit inside the box which is only just a fraction bigger.


I decided to cover one book with fabric and sew a little collage on the front.


I have used tea dyed lace and ribbon ....


..... and inside the little sewn signatures are made with tea dyed papers.


The die includes this little buckle ....


...... and a key and a little plaque. The plaque was covered with paper and embossed with Seth Apter Vintage Beeswax Embossing Powder. The little key was inked and again embossed with the Vintage Beeswax and texture created by stamping into it before the wax melted.


I have used a lovely piece of Stamperia paper for the cover of this book ....


..... folding it around the spine ......


..... and again made miniature stitched signatures which have been decorated with small offcuts of Stamperia papers I can't bear to part with!

Hopefully the dies will soon be available in the UK but they are available for pre-order at Country View Crafts. I am sure you will enjoy them!

Thank you for joining me today and hopefully like me being able to craft is a release from the current sad and heartbreaking global news. Stay safe and well.

Jennie x


Comments

These tiny books are simply gorgeous. A wonderful result from your therapeutic crafting session thank you for posting them. x
I too have a thing for little books and tiny boxes! These are adorable. Please let us know when the dies are available! Everything is just precious. Marilyn
ElizabethR said…
These are so beautiful Jennie, no wonder Eileen wouldn't part with them. Just stunning xxx
Hi Jennie, you have made some adorable tiny books using Eileen's die, I especially love the stitched one, thank so much for sharing your process, all the best, Kris Flint
eileen hull said…
Absolutely fantastically beautiful Jenny!
DSP said…
Did you punch holes in the spine to connect the pages to the book?