Tiny Book and Box by Eileen Hull

Hello and welcome to another post celebrating the first of the month - this time for the start of our new challenge at Mini Album Makers.


Eileen Hull is our sponsor this month and we are all using her latest die, the fabulous Tiny Book and Box. As a lover of tiny books these dies are just the ticket for me! I have used some small pieces of leftover paper from a very much loved Tim Holtz set. Unfortunately I have managed to delete the step by step photos from my camera before loading them onto the computer (doh!) but I have taken as many photographs as possible to show how the book and box came together.


I have covered the box with paper glueing it first to the cardstock and then cutting with the die. I really loved this last bit of paper with the fabulous rose so have kept my decoration of the box simple with  a ribbon tie.


As always Eileen includes some lovely little shapes on the die and this oval is a perfect size for decoration. I have used it to catch the ribbon on the back of the box.


Decoration is simple in the form of a pearl brad and sentiment from another of Eileen's dies.


You can see how neatly the tiny book sits in the box!


Again I kept the decoration simple as too much means the book doesn't fit into the box.


I made a small accordion fold book inside the covers which is closed with tea dyed ribbon.


Each of the pages in the accordion book have been decorated with smaller images from my leftover paper and the Tim Holtz's Field Notes Stamps.






I do hope these photographic details will have given you some ideas of how to use Eileen's new dies. I am delighted to be part of Eileen's 2020 Educator Team and both the Educators and the Inspiration Team have been sharing a huge range of ideas for these dies since they were released at the beginning of Apirl. You can check them out on Eileen's blog here.

And do hop on over to Mini Album Makers to join us in our challenge - there is no theme just share any book you make in the month of May and there's a lovely prize of a set of dies for one lucky winner.

As always thank you for joining me.
Stay safe!
Jennie x

Comments

Fonda said…
This little book and box is fantastic! Gorgeous! I'm going to check into that die set!
Fonda said…
I bought the book and box die sets (plus more)!!! You should get a commission!
Jennie Atkinson said…
Addicted then Fonda! Have fun!
Annie said…
What a miniature delight this is Jennie x I adore the little box and booklet. You have decorated the inside/outside of the booklet with beautiful details. I have still to play with my Field Notes stamps.

Keep safe and huge hugs
Annie xx
This is completely charming, Jennie - I've been doing my best to resist that Tiny Book die, and you're not helping! Love the snippets and scraps of paper, the golden ribbons, and the word fragments. Just lovely.
Alison x
Margaret Mifsud said…
This little book and box are an absolute delight Jenny! So adore how it was decorated .. totally beautiful! x
Such a pretty book, I love all the papers, stamps and ephemera you have chosen.
Jennifer Turrner said…
Simply lovely! I would love to try this but have only made cards before. Have you ever made one of these using all your scraps? Would love to see an example! Many thanks for all the inspiration.