Speckled Egg Wonder

Hello and welcome to my first outing with the wonderful new Distress Ink ..... Speckled Egg! I knew as soon as I saw it that it would be a firm favourite and I am in love with it already.


Our new challenge at A Vintage Journey starting today is 
Watercolour Wonders 
and the lovely Deb is our host this month. She is asking us to see what we can create with water reactive mediums. There are lots of options: watercolour paints, dye inks that react with water, or any of those wonderful powders that bloom to life when sprinkled onto a wet surface.


I love to use my Distress Inks as watercolours and have enjoyed painting these lovely cone flowers and then used some watery Distress Ink Techniques for the background of the tag and the die cut ribbon.


I love how subtle these watery Distress Inks are when matched with Vintage Photo Inks and tea dyed papers. 


The cone flowers were painted with Speckled Egg and Fossilized Amber added for the cone tops. I just squish the pad onto my craft mat and add a little water to paint.


Blending some Vintage Photo around the edges gives some definition but is a little difficult when the flowers are so small !!


I used Tim's  Wrinkle Free Distress Technique for my background adding a little Antique Linen in with the Speckled Egg and then overstamped again with Speckled Egg using a Linen stamp. (I think the sun must have come out as I took this photo as the colours are a little bleached!)


I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to stamp on my tea dyed paper and to add a little background stamping.


I really love these colour combinations and I can see there will be another Distress Ink that does not leave the desk!

Thank you for joining me and I hope you will find some time to join us in our challenge. We always love to see your entries. Hop on over to A Vintage Journey to see all the details and for some fabulous inspiration from the rest of the team.

Have a great weekend!
Jennie x

Comments

Deb said…
So delicate and gorgeous Jennie, I love your tag! Just got my Speckled Egg Distress products and can't wait to break them out after seeing your lovely project, what a gorgeous colour. Perfect watercolouring on your beautiful cone flower and love the linen background, what a complete delight. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo
Simply lovely, Jennie. Like you, it was love at first sight for me with Speckled Egg, but sadly my pre-order has been delayed in transit, so I'm still itching to have a play. This delightful tag has made me even more keen to get my hands on it. I love the flowers and that soft "linen" background is fabulous.
Alison x
Annie said…
Love your tag Jennie and the beautiful details you have created x I recently received the Speckled Egg but have still to play....hopefully soon x
Best wishes
Annie xx
Dakota said…
Such neat ideas! So creative