Seasonal Greetings with Eileen Hull Designs

Hello and welcome to a Christmas make, but one which you can adapt all the year round to create a lovely small present which looks good but it is actually quite simple to make!

This week it is the turn of Eileen's Educators to share a Seasonal Greetings project and I have made a small book/box which will hold six votive candles. I love that when you invest in Eileen Hull's Sizzix dies that you can use so many of them together and in so many ways. This project in particular uses pieces from four of her dies!

Before I share a tutorial here are a few close ups:


On the outside it looks like a book .......


I have kept the decoration relatively simple on the front cover. This is one of my handmade poinsettias and you can find a tutorial HERE on my blog. 


And here is the inside - a little box of beautifully scented candles.

And here is how it all came together:


I started with the Pocket Notebook covering my boards with this beautiful Stamperia paper before cutting out. The reverse side of the board is a lovely silver so I only had to cover one side.


Next up is the Treasure Box die. I used the lid section only, cutting the two side pieces and the inner piece.


When this is made up it fits very nicely into the Pocket Notebook.


For the front cover I cut the gorgeous oval from the Movers & Shakers part of the Trinket Box. I love this shape and find it a good size for holding down the ribbon and acting as a base for my decorations.


I used a little tissue paper to hold the candles inside the box.


And finally I used the little Scallop decoration from the Gift Box die to hold the candles in place. You do have to stick this down a little offset so the book closes but in the scheme of things it doesn't look out of place.


Add in a few decorations and you have a lovely present either for Christmas or New Year, but a something you can also make throughout the year for birthdays and special occasions ...... everyone loves a scented candle!

Do hop on over to Eileen's blog HERE for loads of seasonal inspiration from Eileen's Inspiration and Educator Teams.

As always thank you for joining me and happy crafting!
Jennie x

Dies used:
Sizzix Scoreboards XL Pocket Notebook #663638
Sizzix Scoreboards XL Treasure Box #663634
Sizzix Scoreboards XL Trinket Box #662360
Sizzix Scoreboards XL Gift Box with Scallop #664345





Comments

Lisa Hoel said…
beautiful and clever Jennie! Fab idea. =)
eileen hull said…
Genius! What a cool discovery- now I want to make one :-) So pretty and I love your flowers Jennie!
AuntieGT said…
Love the use of the different dies together. Another pretty project from you Jennie...x
Such a clever combination of die cuts - and just a fabulous project!