Layered Cards for Eileen Hull Designs

 Hello and welcome! 

Eileen Hull's Teams are sharing cards this month and today it is the turn of the Educator Team to share some ideas using Eileen's new Chapter 1 dies.

I have made three cards using the Folio Page die cut which gives a lovely sized card measuring 4 ¾" square. 

I used the fabulous Mandala die cut as the base for each of my cards and used some leftover papers to cut the backing and pocket. A tutorial follows for this card at the end of my post.


For this card I used some lovely 8 x 8 papers which included lots of items that could be fussy cut. They were just the right size to layer onto and into the pocket.


This gave me lots of lovely layers but will still  be safe to post.


For this card the Mandala was cut using foil paper (gorgeous!). 


I kept the card very simple with no layers other than a large flower.


Three cards which I made quite quickly as I got a production line going in terms of die cutting and stamping so I had everything ready to have a making session.

It is lovely to be able to show these dies for cards as they are part of the Folio Journal set. But as always with anything that Eileen designs, they can be used in so many different ways.

I hope these give you some ideas! but do hop on over to Eileen's blog where you will find so many ideas from the Educator and Inspiration teams.

Thank you for joining me today and happy crafting.

Jennie x

TUTORIAL


To make this pretty vintage style card you need some small offcuts of patterned paper and some good quality white cardstock for the card base, mandala and pocket.



I have used the Folio Page Thinlits die to cut the card and then cut a piece of patterned paper measuring 
4 ⅝" x 4 ⅝" so the front of the card is covered but not right to the edges.


The Mandala cuts beautifully but I did use some freezer paper which I lay over the white cardstock as I find this always helps. I have glued this to the front of the card at the centre and again in the area where the pocket will go.


The pocket is from the Folio Page Thinlits die and I used thin red tape to attach this to the card.


There are so many options for using this pocket, it would also stand on its apex as well to make a fan shape pocket!


I have used the base flower from the Folio Page die and this lovely stem from one of Eileen's older die sets. It is a most useful shape and I use it alot.


You can see here the pocket gives a lovely depth which allowed me to place elements inside and outside to get lots of layers (also see my mauve card above!).


I have used a handmade rose (tutorial HERE) on the pocket.


I love being able to tuck sentiments and butterflies inside a pocket! 
A great way to layer without bulk.


I always add a paper insert into my cards.
I have used copy paper cut to 9 ¼" x 4 ⅝" folded in half.
I bought this embossed corner punch years and years ago but I love that
it gives the corners such a professional finish.



Eileen Hull Dies used:

Sizzix Thinlits Die Set -Folio Page, Pocket and Flowers #664883
Sizzix Thinlits Die - Mandala #664882
Sizzix Thinlits Floral Arch & Words #662357

Comments

Lisa Hoel said…
I love your cards Jennie!! =)
Such beautiful cards - feminine and delicate! Love the way the mandala peeks out from under the pockets!
eileen hull said…
Absolutely gorgeous Jennie! Love the mandala as background <3. So pretty!