Chunky Folio for Eileen Hull Designs

 Hello and welcome ! 

It is the fourth Wednesday of the month and time for Eileen Hull's Educator Team to share their projects for this month's theme which is ..... more of the Chapter 1 Folio dies!

I have long wanted to create a book to house some of my favourite ATCs, many of which have particular techniques which I love but which are quite 3D and bulky! The ATCs were languishing in a box but I realised looking at the Folio Die I could make an extremely chunky book using the full width of the spine.


As the ATCS were chunky they needed to be stuck to some heavy paper so I used some very thick watercolour paper which was not very easy to decorate.

Having cut the Folio pieces from good thick board I knew I would have to use linen to hold it all together. There are no process photographs, but I have used the same process as my book HERE.





It was interesting coming up with a closure!


I have used an ATC on the front cover - one of my favourites using up old board letters, gesso and PaperArtsy Infusions. And the spine was large enough to take a full ATC as well. It didn't stick down very centrally so I had to add the key to even it out a bit! This is a wood board ATC and the text paper matched that which I had used on the front cover.

I thought initially to theme my ATCs aroud the months of the year, but I realised it wasn't going to work by the time I got to March, so after that it is a bit random. There are photographs below of the pages, but sorry there is little in the way of how they came together. Most of the pages were completed using pieces out of my bits box and anything that was lying around my desk. I must have got so carried away I completely forgot to get the camera out! 

Here is a short walkthrough video of the inside pages:



As always thank you for joining me!

Jennie x

And here are a few of the inside pages, not such great photography I am afraid as my camera was focusing on the outside edges of the double spread! 





 














Comments

gibonik said…
beautiful! love the idea of storing ATCs in your book :)
Lisa Hoel said…
so fabulous Jennie!!
Wendy said…
Love this Jennie!
Wendy said…
Love this Jennie!
LJMILLER said…
Absolutely gorgeous!
eileen hull said…
Jennie, everything you make is so well thought out and executed down to every tiny detail! And also beautiful! I love this chunky book- especially the ATC on the spine and all throughout the book- so gorgeous!
Janice said…
This is so beautiful, the art work is lovely and the chunky book is adorable I just love it x