Sizzix Eileen Hull Chapter 3 Release

 


Hello and welcome to a special day in the calendar ...... a Sizzix/Eileen Hull Release! 

As always Eileen has designed an array of dies for this Chapter 3 Release which are just a joy to create with and I will share my projects with you later in the blog post. But here are the details of the release:

The Bigz Plus Slotted Treat Box measures 6 1/2” x 5” x 3 1/2” and can hold so many things- a set of cards, journals, doll clothes, ephemera storage or you can even use it as a gift box! This is a Scoreboards die which is specially designed to cut and score thick material like matboard, chipboard, leather, felt, fabric and metal. *A 9” wide machine is required to cut this die.


The Field Notes and Specimen Card die is a Bigz XL die that holds 5” x 7” pages or photos- a new orientation! The Specimen Card may be used to hold photos, as a journaling card or a shaker. Holes are pre-cut into the book spine which is adjustable from 1/2” to 1 1/2 in width. *XL Cutting Pads will be needed to cut the book cover.


The Envelope, Folder & Flowers Thinlits dies is made up of nine dies- an adorable mini envelope, file folder, set of small, medium and large hearts, and a large and small flower and leaf set. This die set will be perfect to create ephemera using your scraps!


The Keys 3D Embossing Folder is special to me. The keys all came from my Dad’s house. The names on the keys had to be removed because of possible copyright issues, but I love the idea of stamping or writing words on them. The detail on this is beautiful and I can’t wait to add Luster Wax to make the design pop!

As I have been away for much of May and early June I haven't had as much of a creative play as I would like but have created two projects which I will share YouTube tutorials soon.


First up is this linen covered book using the Field Notes Die. I love the scalloped edge and cut my inside pages from papers to match and it was easy to attach the linen to the board before I cut the covers.


The book has really lovely wide spine to decorate as well.


And then to the Treat Box die ...... this is a huge die and makes a really good sized box. I am going to use this as a sewing/notions box.

I covered the sides (inside and out) with patterned papers but thought a padded linen lid would be suit a sewing box. 


I will have full instructions for making the box along with the padded lid and also how I made this flower cluster from lace, ribbons and sisal tapes later in the month.

Do check out Eileen's blog HERE as there is a huge array of very different projects made by the team, along with a round up video of some of them for your inspiration. 

As always thank you for joining me and I will be back with more projects with these dies over the next few weeks.

Jennie x



 

Comments

JAO said…
The field Notes die is my favorite die. Love The shape and The size of this design.
JAO said…
Such pretty albums and box. Love The delicate colours
Sue Eldred said…
These are absolutely lovely.
So elegant, Jennie! And I love the way you did the lid on the box. Looking forward to the tutorial!
Love all your projects. They are so elegant and delicate. Love the textures and the color scheme.
Anonymous said…
Such a gorgeous album! Stunning!
eileen hull said…
Another gorgeous pair of projects Jennie. Beautiful!
Anne said…
Just love the new notebook die. Would you be able to show how you attached your pages. Thank you x