Nana's Sewing Box for Eileen Hull Designs

 Following the release of Eileen's Chapter 1 dies last month we are creating around the theme 

A STITCH IN TIME.


I decided to recreate my Nana's Sewing Box which always sat on the dresser and was probably an old cigar box. It never shut properly as it was full of the things you needed urgently, like shirt buttons, white thread and needles. It also had a little book in it (a Ready Reckoner! if you remember those) and photographs and old bus and theatre tickets.


I have used the Embroidery Hoop to create the focus on the front of the box.


Inside the box cover is a lace tuck space for photos, sewing papers and bus tickets.


And the box itself has little compartments to hold everything in place and I have used some pretty papers from the 49&Market ArtOptions Rouge Collection.


You can see a full tutorial here on my YouTube channel for creating both the box and the inside compartments, along with the little Needlework Book.




This was a lot of fun to make and would make a lovely gift with personal photographs and memories.

As always thank you for joining me today.
Happy Crafting
Jennie x

Dies used:

Eileen Hull/Sizzix Scoreboards XL Book Box #665873
Eileen Hull/Sizzix Scoreboards Needle Book #660767
Eileen Hull/Sizzix Scoreboards Embroidery Hoop #660766




Comments

Mrs A. said…
Your little sewing box is a lovely keepsake reminder for you. I have my mum's box which is an old Cadbury's Chocolate fingers tin one. Even has the expiry date sticker still on the bottom. 14/11/1993 and I remember the Ready reckoner book too. Hugs Mrs A.