Eileen Hull/Sizzix March Release

 Hello on this first day of March and the first day of Spring!

And on Eileen's team we have a spring in our step with this new release. As always Eileen has given us some amazing designs to work with and I have really enjoyed creating with them.

But first here's a little bit of information about the individual items that are being released and if you want to find out more you can hop on over to Eileen Hull Designs to see how Eileen describes these wonderful new designs.



I have not made tags in a while and the Lace Embossing Folder looked to be perfect for creating some lovely backgrounds.


I started with some cream coloured cardstock and ran it through the embossing folder and it didn't need much more than a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink blended around the edges. 


I have layered another smaller embossed tag along with a couple of inked pieces to create layers with lace on the tag. A little stitching around the edge gives it a lovely finish.


Again using some cream cardstock, but this time I painted it first using PaperArtsy Acrylic Fresco Finish Paint (Chalk) before putting it through the embossing folder.


The paint covering then allowed me to spritz lightly with Distress Spray Strains (Salvaged Patina and Vintage Photo). I always love how it "puddles" in the embossed layers.


Never content with one tag, I made a second in the same way! You can see how I used some embossed cardstock for the heart (above) and little tag (below).



Next up are the Storage Box and Mini Book Die. I will have a video tutorial for both of these later in the month, but just to give you a little peek!


I had the pieces cut on my table and loved how the single cover of the mini book created a lovely flap on the box. I have used 49& Market Papers (ArtOptions Rouge) cutting the papers to use the lovely patterns along with the blocked colour.




I also made the flower using the same papers using some standard flower dies.


I made the little Mini Book using the same papers but choosing some of the smaller designs.

I have used the die to cut small tuck folders in the front cover and to create the small book.


And there is a small folded envelope on the back cover making this mini book more of a Folio Journal.
Check out my video tutorial later in the month for the details!


And finally I made a little square book using the lid tops from the Storage Box and the Mini Book as the hinge.


I love small mini books like this and this really is a wonderful size at 4" x 4". Again I will have a tutorial for this next month where I will share how to make the insides into a little junk journal with flaps, envelopes and pockets galore!


I hope you enjoy this wonderful new Release from Eileen - either at the Live later today on Eileen Hull Designs, or through the coming month as the team share their makes both on their blogs and the Facebook Fan Club Page.


Happy Crafting!
Jennie x

Comments