Watercolour Flowers Stencil Love



Hello and today I am sharing a tutorial for this little book with some lovely stencilled flowers. It is a while since I had the Distress Inks out and I really enjoyed these new layered stencils from Eileen Hull.


I have made a small book using the Notebook Die and made a concertina fold book decorated with the stencils which sits inside.



The layered stencils match a Thinlits die using the same shapes and I got out the Shrink Plastic to make these little hanging flowers to match!


 I have no video tutorial this month but the tutorial below should explain how it all came together.


As always thank you for joining me and I hope this gives you a little inspiration for how you can use these fabulous stencils and die cuts.

Jennie x

__________________________________________

TUTORIAL

(apologies for the dull photographs - despite it being summer we are not having very summery weather! it is very overcast, windy and wet)

To make the inside book for the stencilling I took a piece of A4 cream cardstock and cut a piece 4" deep along the long edge and then scored at 3¼" sections. This created three pages and a piece left over.

I then joined the two pieces together using the left over pieces to create a concertina fold book of six pages.


I then used the largest of the Painterly Blooms stencil and a combination of blended Distress Inks to create a banner across the top.


On the other side I created the banner in the same way but on the bottom of the pages. I added leaves with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.


And then the inside of the flowers using the tiny circles on the leaf stencil - I think you will agree it makes a real difference to the flower!


I always like to add a little stamping over stencilling using some favourite stamps which never leave the desk, sometimes stamping off so I have created different layers of stamping. Again I used Distress Ink (Vintage Photo).


To make the covers for the book I used the Notebook Die which I embossed with Eileen's Crochet Mandala 3D Embossing Folder on the front cover and a little stamping on the back.


I used the same stencil technique to create a piece for the front cover and used the darkest of the Distress Inks, Seedless Preserves, to create a base for it to sit on. It looks good against the cream of the cover.


And I used a piece of scrap card to make a little folder to go into the inside of the book.


All that was left to do was to put it all together and die some ribbon to hold the stencilled book in place.



Products used:
Eileen Hull/Sizzix Scoreboards Notebook Die #663635
Eileen Hull/Sizzix Crochet Mandala 3D Embossing Folder #665915
Eileen Hull/Sizzix Watercolour Flowers & Lattice Layered Stencils #666690

Comments

Lisa Hoel said…
So lovely Jennie!
Another absolute stunner! I love the colors you chose. You have such a beautiful style.