Mixed Media Seed Box for Eileen Hull Designs

At this time of the year as we get to mid summer my thoughts turn to seed collecting and so  I thought it would be a great way to celebrate our monthly theme of WHATS IN THE BOX by making a seed collecting box with space for seeds, photographs and notes.

The box I have used is Eileen Hull's Treasure Box Die (our focus this month) and this particular one was made quite some time ago and got painted all manner of colours but I didn't like it. So it has sat in the basket of things entitled "not too sure what to do with this" for a couple of years!


My accompanying YouTube video explains how the box had been made and painted and how I changed it to a totally different look.


I now like it !! And it makes a good heavy box with all the metal embellishments.



Inside are envelopes, some made using the Envelope Maker and others made using Eileen's Dies. There's a small tag book and another little notebook downloaded from My Porch Prints.


You can see all the details of how the project came together in the video:



I hope this inspires you to never give up on projects! Somewhere down the line there will always be another opportunity to give it a makeover!

Jennie x

Dies Used:

Eileen Hull/Sizzix Scoreboard XL Treasure Box (663634)
Stringed Envelopes Eileen Hull/Sizzix Thinlits Journaling Card & Envelope (666276)
Tag Book Eileen Hull/Sizzix Thinlits Card, Waterfall & Tags (665154)
Envelopes made using Envelope Punch Board Finished Envelope 3" x 4.5"

Comments

Lisa Hoel said…
So cool! I love it Jennie.
Anonymous said…
I love this Jennie! Eileen