Vintage Button Box for Eileen Hull Designs

 Hello Everyone and welcome to my creative post this month for Eileen Hull.  The Inspiration Team this month are creating to the challenge TOP DRAWER using Eileen's Stacking Drawer Die.

This die is often used with Eileen's Treasure Box Die, but the focus this month is on the drawer itself and what we can create with it. So check out Eileen's blog post each week to see the amazing array of inspiration from a very talented team!


I chose to make a single vintage style drawer to house some very special and priceless buttons. These belonged to my Mother-in Law's mother (ie my husband's great granny) and were gifted to me many years ago. It was believed that  they were on her wedding dress, but this is the only photograph we have of them both in those early years, but possibly it is not their wedding photograph.


As always thank you for joining me and happy crafting!
Jennie


CREATING THE BOX

The outer box is covered in linen which I glued to the cardstock before cutting out. It is still a little ragged around the edges, but had I covered it inside the drawer would not have fitted.


I then painted the inside very very carefully with some brown paint - again trying not to create any bulk to stop the drawer from sliding easily.


The drawer was covered in some lovely vitnage paper and I edged the cardstock with a gold pen to take away the white cut edge.


I then decorated the top with a few vintage items and added the the tag label - priceless
....... as the buttons certainly are!

Dies Used
Eileen Hull Sizzix Scoreboards XL Stacking Drawer Box #663633



Comments