Flowers from the Heart


Hello to everyone on this rather snowy morning here in Shetland. I really missed joining in challenges last year and so am really trying hard to make time this year and to experiment with some of my products not used lately.

It is always great when the themes from two of your favourite challenge sites can be combined. One of my long time favourite challenge sites is Frilly and Funkie and the current challenge is Be My Valen-Twine - such a lovely twist on the word! The requirement is to include any type of twine on your Valentine's project. And fast becoming a favourite is the new challenge blog at the Artist Trading Post where Flower Power is the current challenge, the requirement being to make your own flowers! Just perfect!

And so to my card:



I embossed some white card with a small embossing folder and stamped lightly with Antique Linen and used the same ink for the splatters.



I decided to use some of my lovely Spellbinders dies to create a mat for my flowers. The upper ones were stamped and embossed with a script stamp and then inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The little ticket is from the Crafty Individuals new ticket set (gorgeous!)



The Roses were made using the Tattered Florals die and had Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink blended around the edges before being spritzed and scrunched. There is a tutorial here on my blog for these Roses.




Great fun and some older supplies used in the making of the card which is always a great feeling! 

I would suggest hopping over to both challenge sites as there are some fabulous pieces from each of the design teams - all so very different but all fabulously inspirational.


Thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x

Challenges


Comments

Pamellia said…
Wow Jennie, this is just gorgeous! I just love the soft romantic palette and your flowers are making me drool! A beautiful layout with some really lovely touches like the wonderful twine bow, of course!

Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for my 'Valen-Twine' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)
Marci said…
Lovely, soft colors.
Artyjen said…
Lovely layers...and flowers as always ;)
xoxo Sioux
toni said…
This beautiful Jennie ! I shall be checking out your flower tutorial, those roses are gorgeous. Thankyou for joining us at the ATP Exchange toni xx
Anonymous said…
Beautiful card Jennie ! Your flowers, as usual, are stunning ! I love the delicate colours and the subtle layering. Thanks for joining us at ATP Exchange. Sue C x
Anonymous said…
Oops forgot to say thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie too! Sue C x
Nikki Acton said…
Classically elegant and beautifully romantic! Nikki x
Maggie said…
Beautiful card Jennie love the soft colours

MaggieH
Meggymay said…
A gorgeous, feminine card, the flowers are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at ATP Exchange this time.
Yvonne
Unknown said…
Beautiful shabby chic flowers!! The card is gorgeous, the soft feminine palette is perfect for those stunning flowers.
Hugs
Georgie xx
Astrid Maclean said…
Stunning Jennie, I just love the composition of this one and the stamping with Antique Linen looks so lovely (I noticed that already on your recent tickets). The whole colour palette is just beautiful and your flowers like always are amazing!!
Beautiful Jennie , with your lovely soft colours and gorgeous flowers, one to savour!
XxxRuth
Ruth said…
Your flowers are perfection and the shading is simply exquisite, gorgeous card Jennie! Thanks so much for joining us at ATP Exchange. Ruth x
Redanne said…
As always, your flowers are gorgeous and this card has such a wonderful feminine, romantic feel to it - it is quite stunning! Anne xx
Nancy Dynes said…
Your card is beyond beautiful, Jennie!! The composition is perfection and your flowers are absolutely fabulous (thank you for the tutorial)!! I love the soft tones you've chosen. I'm such a huge fan of your work!! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!!
Hugs,
Nancy
This is so stunning, Jennie. The blushing roses provide just the right touch of colour, and the layering and composition are perfect.
Alison xx
Cec said…
This is such a pretty card with the lovely soft colour palette and your gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec
Julia S-W said…
Absolutely beautiful Jennie. The flowers are just stunning and the gorgeous feminine palette makes the whole piece sing. I love it - I would wouldn't I??!!
Hope you are keeping warm and enjoying your week.
Thanks for joining my challenge at ATP Exchange too.
Hugs, Julia xxx
Samra said…
Big congrats on your win at Artist Trading Post Exchange!!!
sarascloset said…
Jennie, what a beautiful card...so much a breath of fresh air! The flowers are fabulously sweet...I can almost smell their lovely fragrance! Just wonderful. Oh! Congratulations on your well deserved win at ATP!
Deb said…
What a gorgeous card, your colour palette is so beautiful!
An absolute delight! Adore the colors and texture and of course, you make the most gorgeous flowers in the whole world. Always a pleasure to have you joining us over at Frilly and Funkie - thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Linda
Jenny Marples said…
I always adore your cards and this is no exception. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x