New Beginnings



A couple of weeks ago my lovely friend Brenda of Bumblebees and Butterflies challenged us to join her in a Visual Journey - to create art journal pages but giving time to be free in expressing ourselves and not being constrained by others expectations. 

I thought this was a fabulous idea and this is the second page I have created, picking up two Distress Ink Pads at random (Peacock Feathers and Walnut Stain) and laying out my masks and stamps and just "playing".  I was amazed that I managed to create a piece in a single layer - something I have tried so hard to achieve, but this just sort of happened, so I had to fit in Tim Holtz's stamp - Astonish, Amaze, Achieve!


This new experimentation fits in wonderfully with our current challenge at Anything But a Card, which is NEW BEGINNINGS. As usual, being on week 3 of the Design Team, the challenge is well under way and I hope you will hop on over to the challenge blog and see the design teams amazing array of talent and also the wonderful entries submitted so far.



New Beginnings is also this month's theme at the Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog and I rarely seem to have time to participate these days, so I am really pleased to be submitting an entry. Again there are some fabulous DT projects which really inspire.

My pages are now glued in to my Finnabair journal and I love the colour combination against the kraft - this may be my new set of colours this year!





Thank you for joining me today and I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.


Jennie x


Comments

Unknown said…
Lovely soft expression in this page xx
Ruth said…
Such beautiful colours, gorgeous pages. I think kraft is such a perfect background as well, it just works! Ruth x
Redanne said…
The colours really do work together well and with the subtle background stencilling. Great sentiment too. The pages look good against the Kraft too. Beautiful pages. Anne xx
Rita said…
Beautiful pages Jennie. I have a Finnabair journal too, but so far it's still the same as when I bought it a couple of years ago. Keep Safe my friend. Hugs Rita xxx
craftysahmiam said…
Lovely choice of colors and stamp images for your pages, Jennie. I especially like the soft teal color that appears to be sponged over a stencil.
Hi Jennie, what beautiful journal pages, delicate and soft. Hope your managing to stay warm.
Julie x
Mrs Beez said…
I love the softness of your journal pages - so beautifully done as always.
Brenda Brown said…
Sorry I'm late, playing catch up but getting there. Love these pages and colour combo too and thanks for being part of my Visual Journey. I am feeling more 'freed' up already xxx
So spare and so beautifully done - this is really elegant stamping. Gorgeous!
Alison xx
Gorgeous pages! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative challenge this month :)
Oops... should also have said thanks so much for playing along at The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge.
Alison xx
Deb said…
Beautiful journal pages Jennie, wonderful soft colour palette and love the layers! Deb xo