Vintage Shadow Box




Our challenge this month at Country View Challenges is to use something new to you. Susan had an amazing advent sale and I rather indulged myself with some new dies and today I am sharing my first make with this Brenda Walton Shadow Box. (We have however used it over Christmas to make little sweetie boxes too - Terry makes amazing fudge!)


I used Stampin Up Coaster Board for the box and painted it with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paint (Victorian Lace) and blended a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.


I cut another piece in cream card to go inside which I inked and stamped before glueing the box together.


I had lots of fun decorating the inside with some new Crafty Individuals ticket stamps.


I made these tiny little buds using the Tattered Florals die - three layers just scrunched and glued. The box only measures 3.5" x 3" so it is a case of thinking small!


As you can see the box is quite deep (which made it great for the fudge) and the die includes the backing and also bits and pieces to decorate the front - I used the banner at the top.

I have lots of plans for this little box - there will be more!

I do hope you will join us over at Country View Challenges and share with us something which is new to you. Do hop on over to the blog as the Design Team are sharing some wonderful inspirational projects throughout the month.

Thanks for joining me today.

Jennie


Comments

Unknown said…
Soft and feminine and beautifully shabby, what more could a girl want?!! Xx
Redanne said…
Blogger will not let me leave a message, so I will try again! The shadowbox is beautiful, I love how you embellished it and the sentiment is wonderful. Can just imagine it full of fudge now... not great for the diet though! Anne xx
Brenda Brown said…
A stunning creation my friend, I just adore the colours and elements you used. xxx
A delicate delight... sorry I've missed so many beauties - it's nice to get a chance to get up to speed.
Alison xx