Its Tags All Round Today!

It's an extra Friday for us all at A Vintage Journey this month so we've a Tag Friday for you. This is a chance for the Creative Guides to play with their tags and supplies! So do hop on over to see what a wonderful array of techniques and styles we have to share with you today.


I decided to show my January Tim Tag for this tag share and had great fun with the technique remix he challenged us with this month.

As usual all the details are HERE on Tim's blog. This next year he will be taking us back to revisit old techniques which I just know is going to be GREAT! There are so many fabulous techniques he has shared with us and some get lost or forgotten along the way.




I wanted to use the Navigation Compass for the chalkboard technique and given the sea theme opted to use blue textured cardstock. It is not as clear but I like the "denim" feel.



That meant I also had to choose something nautical for the industrious metal technique and as numbers feature highly in navigation used the Bingo embossing folder and Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint.



A little collage at the base of the tag - I am looking forward to our tags journey this year!



Two great techniques which are wonderful to revisit and I hope you have a chance to play along too.

This is another scheduled post as I enter the second week of sitting with my foot up! Another seven days and I might manage to get into the craft room for a little spell - yay!!!


Have a great weekend.

Jennie x


Comments

Marci said…
Beautiful shades of blue. I like it much better than the black that Tim did.
Brenda Brown said…
Love your take Jennie with the nautical theme and gorgeous tones of blue.
hugs Brenda xxx
Astrid Maclean said…
Brilliant tag Jennie! Just love how you adapted Tim's example, stunning!!
Pamellia said…
Beautiful Jennie!! I love how you are able to add a feminine feel to your tag while still staying true to the masculine feel of the original, I think it's the softness of the blues. Well done! hugs :)
Nikki Acton said…
Great Tim Tag Jennie - just love your blue hues! xx
S@ndy Diller said…
Simply beautiful - The soft color and the texture is so pleasing. S@ndy xx
Deb said…
Beautiful tag Jennie, love how you used the beautiful blue palette and the chalkboard technique on the textured cardstock looks fabulous! Wonderful interpretation of Tim's January tag, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo
Redanne said…
Wow Jennie, the blue looks amazing! I wish I could do the chalkboard technique as well as you, it looks fantastic. Love your tag... x
Great take and great write up! I love the compass here!
Jenny Marples said…
Oh brilliant Jennie! A denim version! SO clever. Jenny x
Perfect nautical stamp choice for your chalky panel, and I love the soft blues, also very much a weathered sea-worn look. Terrific take on the January inspiration. Looks like I'll be sitting this year out seeing as I'm going to be away from my desk for at least half the tags! Sorry I'm so late getting round...
Alison xx
A Pink said…
fabulous original take on Tim's tag Jennie . Love your Industrial background and colour tones - perfect for the theme you have chosen .
Great to see Tim pinned it .
hugs x