Inspired By Bottles

Well here I am again with our new challenge at Country View Challenges which is most appropriate for the season:


Inspired by Bottles


Brenda is our host this month and I think we have all had some fun with this fabulous theme. 

My little bottle started life as a Tesco Air Freshener similar to this. I was just about to throw the empty bottle away when I realised it would make a good base for our challenge.


After a coat of gesso I then applied a very thick layer of DecoArt Crackle Paste. 




I really wanted a nice light pink colour but despite applying a very light coat of LuminArte Rose Gold it must have reacted with the Crackle Paste and no matter how much gesso or white paint I applied I could not change the colour. It sat on the surface and coloured every coat I tried to put over it! 



I decorated the sides of the bottle with a ZVA Self Adhesive Pearl Embellishment. I bought a whole load of these in a sale and whilst they are not something I would normally use I find they are lovely painted with gesso and then overpainted with gold paint.




The crackle is quite impressive! it actually looks like a smooth porcelain.



As today is the first of the month (as well as the first of the year!) the whole DT are showing their bottle inspired projects so do hop on over to Country View Challenges to see some amazing projects from my fellow teamies. 

And of course we shall each be back during the month to share more inspirational pieces with you. I hope you manage to find some crafting time and join us in our challenge for this month. As usual we have a winning voucher for one lucky entrant and for the Design Team Pinworthies a chance to join us as Guest Designer.

Thank you for joining me again but I am sorry to say that I shall be back once more today with another first of the month challenge piece. So au revoir until then!


Jennie x


Comments

Oh, how sweet! Charmingly pretty and feminine, Jennie - a lovely take on the theme.
Alison xx
Monika Gulyas said…
This is so beautiful and so delicate like all of your creations!!!
rachel said…
this is beautiful Jennie - what a wonderful creation - and an amazing transformation. Happy New Year! Hugs Rachel x
Brenda Brown said…
Beautifully feminine and gorgeous colours.
hugs Brenda xxx