Shabby Chic Bottles

Good morning lovely people! 

Today it is my turn to share my second piece for this month's challenge at Country View Challenges where we are all being inspired by bottles!


As you all know since I did the DecoArt workshop at Coventry in November I have been crackling just about everything in sight! 


And the Tim Holtz Bottle Die proved no exception. I covered the greyboard in some rather gorgeous shabby chic papers and then crackled away and added white antiqueing cream to highlight those glorious crackles.



I also used some crackle paste through a layering stencil on the background and when dry I very very lightly added Victorian Velvet and Broken China Distress Inks. 


In the areas where there was no crackle I stamped on tissue to fill in the spaces.



I told you this little frame would be well used! It does rather set off this glorious key.




Some more shabby chic elements were added at the bottom of the hanging - very wide lace and died vintage ribbon, along with this little Prima spray.


Having done some rather colourful work just lately, it was a joy to be back doing a more lighter shabby chic project.


You still have plenty of time to join in our challenge. Hop on over to Country View Challenges for some amazing inspirational pieces throughout this month from the rest of the DT. 

I am afraid this is a scheduled post as by the time you read this I shall be travelling back from Glasgow having had my second foot operation! At least I know what to expect this time, but things will be a little quiet around here for a while but I hope to get crafting again very soon.


Thank you so much for joining me today. I really do appreciate it.


Jennie x

Comments

Beautiful Jennie, I didn't think of crackling over papers! Perfect, might try this for Mother's Day card? Hugs x
Marci said…
Outstanding! Beautiful! I wonder what paper you used for the bottles, it is so pretty. The crackle is gorgeous too, not too brownish.
Julia Aston said…
Hope all is well with you Jennie! Love the papers and marvelous crackle on your pretty bottles! what a lovely piece! Julia xx
SewPaperPaint said…
This is so soft and beautiful! The crackle really adds so much and was such a great detail. Love it!
Very pretty love how you crackled over the pattern paper and that key is gorgeous -- who makes it ?
Glorious shabby chic crackled bottles - such a clever idea and beautifully executed, Jennie.
Alison xx
Beautiful Jennie, I love the soft shades and the crackling is great , quite subtle..
I hope you are recovering well from your foot surgery , I do empathise !
XxxRuth
Sue said…
Very pretty and I can see why you're into the crackling. It adds such a glorious texture and is perfect for vintage and shabby chic.
Brenda Brown said…
Beautiful bottles so shabby and fit beautifully with the other elements.
hugs Brenda xxx
A Pink said…
Beautiful! Jennie - Great composition and delicate crackle on your bottle . hugs x