Together


Hello again and welcome to my second share today for our new challenge at Our Creative Corner where we are taking a trip down memory lane and revisiting a challenge that has been featured at OCC.


THE RETURN OF THE CHALLENGE !

I decided to go back to July 2014 to the Handmade Flowers and Dyed Ribbon Challenge (no surprises there I hear you say!) So it has been a wonderful treat combining this with my all time favourite style and this beautiful Found Relatives Card to create a hanging full of shabby vintage elements.



I used some old text style paper on my board from Tim Holtz's new Dapper Paperstack and gave it a thin coat of gesso, then blended and splattered Vintage Photo Distress Ink here and there. Finally I layered on Gesso with a palette knife to really tone everything down.



I wanted to use plenty of lace, pearl buttons, vintage pins and some hessian and muslin - all my favourites!



I made my flowers using my scrunched rose technique. There is a link to the tutorial on my blog HERE. I have used the Tattered Florals Die but you can make them with any six sided flower shape.

My ribbons were dyed with Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Inks. 




I dyed plenty to have enough for the top of the hanging as well. I needed something to cover the holes at the top of the hanging so dyed some silver washers with Alchohol Ink - just perfect!


Finally I added some metal embellishments but toned these and the pearl buttons down a little with gesso and then a little gold paint.

I do hope you will join us in our challenge this month as there are LoADS of different things you could make.

Your creation must be from one of the challenges from this set list)

Please do state what challenge you choose.

So click the link and reacquaint yourself with the rules of the challenge you want to do and have fun.

How easy is that !!!

And if you need some inspiration then hop on over to Our Creative Corner where the rest of my teamies have chosen their favourites from the past.



Our sponsor this month is Artistic Outpost who will be donating a $15.00 gift certificate to their online sister store Our Daily Bread Designs, where Artistic Outpost resides, to our randomly drawn participant.

This is a scheduled post as I am currently in a small village on the west coast of Ireland for our yearly concertina music fix and get together with the wonderful friends we have made over the years. There is zero wifi in the village so hopefully I will catch up with you all on my return.


Have a great week!

Jennie x






Comments

Deb said…
That is just gorgeous Jennie, beautiful colour palette and those flowers and ribbon ... swoon! I missed this challenge on the first go round so will have to join in the fun this time, thanks for the wonderful inspiration! Deb xo
Unknown said…
So light and airy and delicate and precious Jennie. Truly looks like something I would have found at my Grammie's house. Your flowers are just STUNNING - wow. Love the lace and the fluffy ribbon. Your redo on the silver washers is just the perfect pop at the top too. BEAUTIFUL. j.
Stunning vintage project Jennie, loving all the details.
Hugs, Julie x
Lys said…
Marvellous, Jennie! I always love your flowers! The soft tones are perfect for this photo.
A Pink said…
Absolutely gorgeous! Jennie and so wonderful that you got to combine so many of your 'favourites'. It has a real feminine touch ! Love the washers used as hole enforcers - very clever idea .
Hope you are having a lovely time in Ireland .
hugs x
Annie said…
Your hanging is right up my street Jennie x Love the wonderful colours and layout.

TFS and best wishes
Annie xx
How do you do it jennie??? I love the serene, restful palette of colours and those gorgeous flowers. Hugs Jan x
SewPaperPaint said…
I really love this amazing project, the neutral layers and flowers are stunning! This is my favorite image from that collection and you've really used it well. Hugs, Autumn
Unknown said…
Simply lovely, Jennie! Your handmade flowers are just perfect for the revisited challenge that you chose! Just a Gorgeous hanging!! XOXO-Shari
Adorable hanging - love the elegant simplicity of it and the neutral colour tones - this one really appeals to me. And the flowers of course are glorious!
Alison x