Clock Work


Welcome everyone! Time for me today to share my second piece of the month at Country View Challenges where our challenge is - 

Industrial

I decided to use the Tim Holtz Clock Die to make this piece - a lovely die I have had for ages and which never disappoints when I get it out for an airing!



I used some very heavy greyboard to cut the clock and it took quite a bit to get it through the Big Shot. I wanted to put a lot of products on the clock so needed a really good heavy surface.

After giving it a good coating of gesso I used (yes!) that Andy Skinner stencil again. It fits absolutely perfectly on the clock face.



When dry I brayered DecoArt Acrylics over the top. The green comes from the combination of turquoise and hello. Not quite what I expected but then this technique requires you to go with the flow ……



More clock pieces were cut from the heavy grey card as well as a small cog and they were all brayered with the same paints. Finally I rubbed Treasure Gold over all the pieces.


A few years ago we were given some old clocks but the only thing that was worth saving after noticing the woodworm were the clock hands and the mechanisms. So the rust you see on these hands is real!



And another set of cogs rusted using the techniques learnt at the Mixology Coventry Workshop in November. 


A little different from my usual style, but oh such fun! 

If you want to join our challenge at Country View Challenges this month you don't have long! We will all be back in a couple of days time with a new challenge for you all, which means the start of yet another month!


Thank you so much for joining me today. 

Jennie x


Comments

Brenda Brown said…
Wow, what a fabulous watch piece, love the colours and finished effects on this one.
Have a great week.
Hugs Brenda xxx
Craftyfield said…
The distressed effects are fantastic! Lovely project.
Stunning piece, Jennie! Love it!
Almo said…
Absolutely grogeous Jennie, Just love the colours and the chunckyness of the cogs. What a discovery finding the stencil fits this die perfectly. All in all a lovely mak Mo xe
Doreen said…
Love this Jennie, a fabulous work of art.xxx
Astrid Maclean said…
Fabulous!! LOVE the effects you have achieved on the different die cuts and brilliantly put together! Shabby and industrial at the same time, looks great!
Redanne said…
An incredible timepiece Jennie, the colours and textures are wonderful! A really beautiful project. xxx
Monika Gulyas said…
What a fantastic make, Jennie! Your text with this aged clock is just brilliant!

Candy C said…
Hi Jennie! Oh my goodness! Your clock piece is amazing! I love that clock die. You have made it look so old and weathered! Great technique! I also wanted to thank you for the very sweet comment you left on my blog. I am so excited for you to get to go to Andy's class is next weekend. You will love him and his techniques. He is a genius when it comes to manipulating acrylic paints and other mediums. Have a fantastic time.
A Pink said…
Absolutely fabulous! Jennie love all the colour tones , the chunkyness aand of course the rusty elements.
yet again you create a real Gem !
hugs x