Tims Tags Day 11

Well ..... I'm way off the original today!  I had no materials to make a stamp and first attempts at drawing a tree went into the bin, so I decided to just go with what I felt on this one.  The only technique I ended up doing was the resist embossing (one of my favourite techniques).

The background:  (completely forgot about the paper!) stars embossed with clear powder and then inked over with Broken China, Chipped Sapphire and Walnut Stain.  Then spritzed with pearl Perfect Pearls and dried with a heat gun (again one of my fav techniques). 

The rosette:  cut from vellum using TH's die and edged with a silver pen.

I liked the blue background so thought I would keep everything blue, white and silver (the same colours of my outfit as Fairy Godmother in the panto!).

I am sharing my tags over on ArtyJen's blog here:

http://artyjen.blogspot.com/

So many wonderful tags have been posted here, do have a look and join in if you are following Tim's Twelve Tags of Christmas.

I hope you are all having a great weekend - it is bitterly cold here and apparently more snow on the way in the next couple of days ............

Comments

ScrappyDandyDoo said…
Oooo it turned out lovely :D
Julie xx
Anonymous said…
Your tag is exquisite Jennie! xx
Helen said…
Mine won't be anything like Tim's either!! Love your tag - that rosette looks fab!
WendyK said…
Lovely, I love the vintage look. The rosette looks very delicate in vellum.
Minxy said…
It's oh so pretty, great own version, i like it :D
Netty said…
Its beautiful, I love your interpretation. Annette x
The Dolphin Inn said…
Lovely to see a reappearance of the rosette and I like the muted colours of your tag - beautiful just the way it is xxx
Donna said…
Gorgeous take on Tim's Jennie! Love that vellum rosette, so pretty!
Hugs, Donna x