Spring Blossoms ...........



As soon as I saw this wonderful photograph of my cousin Cath's beautiful daughter Toni and her (very new!) husband Paul I just had to scrap it.  And ......  the colours just fitted in perfectly with this month's Swirlyhues Challenge.

Here is the storyboard for this month's challenge.  Thankfully the sketch is optional as I started following it and then got sort of carried away!  I love these papers from Pion Design, the only problem is deciding which side of the paper to use - both sides are so beautiful. 
Pascale has just posted a wonderful tutorial on Swirlydoos for these lovely spring blossom style flowers.  As soon as I saw them I knew I had to have a go.  I've used slightly different flower dies, but I should think it is a flower which would work well with any die set.    I didn't have any puffy paint for the inner buds, but used Woodware puffy stuff, which heats up into a sort of blister and works quite well on this stamen style punch.  Click the link HERE for Pascale's picture tutorial.  And do have a look at the entries on Swirlyhues - they are all fantastic.


If you enjoyed the challenges of Gingernsap Creations you will love their new site Unruly PaperArts.  Although a new site, there is already huge array of ideas and tutorials to browse through.  This month the challenges are all centred around spring, and one particular challenge is for "best bouquet".  When the blooms sat on my desk all ready for the layout, they made such a beautiful bouquet, so I thought I would enter this layout and start to join in the fun.  Again do have a look at the entries as there are so many wonderful ideas.

I hope everyone has enjoyed this long Jubilee celebration weekend.  It has been a bit quiet up here in the furthest outpost of the UK, but I think we had the better weather (amazingly! ............).

Once again thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of the week.


Comments

pooky said…
Beautiful layout Jennie!
♥Bev
Netty said…
Loving your beautiful page and fab LO, the flowers are gorgeous. x
Artyjen said…
OMG! It's a gorgeous page Jennie ;)
Raining the proverbial cats and dogs today here! LOL
xoxo Sioux
...Jennie this is exquisite & so befitting such a beautiful Bride & her Prince Charming...loVe the soft hues of these papers they just lend themselves for a wedding theme, the flowers are wowzers! I must check out that tutorial, all just so delicate & pretty...a beautiful & timeless LO...fabby stuff...Mel :)
Elizabeth said…
Beautiful layout - I like that the colour of the bridegroom's tie is picked out in the papers and embellishments. The flowers are gorgeous and that's a great tip about the fluffy stuff. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Elizabeth
Karen Shady said…
WOW... your LO and those flowers are stunning :) what a wonderful photo too, she looks so happy :) your flowers are briulliant, Im so going to have a go at those... Oh, and HUIGE thanks for the compliment about my LO's in the Scrapbook Magazine. I havnt got my copy yet, cos I am in Australia. Have a wondeful week, and weekend xx
Unknown said…
what a gorgeous page!! those flowers are really pretty
Anonymous said…
Totally gorgeous layout! Your bouquet is beautiful! Thanks for questing with us at UPA!

Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry on the 26th!
trisha too said…
Beautiful, lush bouquet--a perfect LO for the Best Bouquet Reader's Art Quest at Unruly Paper Arts!

Really lovely, Jennie!

:)