Being a Boy .............



I got back home yesterday having spent four lovely days with my daughter in law and grandson in Memus.  Callum is now 20 months, chatters away and runs everywhere.  Nana has come home with very sore knees and had to tighten the notch in her trouser belt - nice to lose some weight without trying!  We had a great time visiting the park, which he loves, playing on the trampoline, in and out of the castles and forts and feeding the ducks.  We did manage a bit of finger painting and stamping on Monday morning when Mummy was at work.  Lots of fun! if a little messy ...........

I came home with some lovely photographs and when I saw the colours for the second September challenge at Once Upon a Sketch, I just had to use one of them.  I should have been hoovering and tidying up, but this was much more fun!

Here is the Case File:

For my evidence I used:  packaging (blue label), labels, circles and buttons
For my testimony:  handwritten journalling
 
 

 I have purposely not bought boy or child papers for my scrapbooking but looked around for items which I might be able to use with my (vast and evergrowing) paper collection and bright coloured inks.  The stars and heart were blue and lime green, so these were altered with red pepper alcohol ink, as were the title letters in order to create a co-ordinating look.  I also used red pepper and sailboat blue Colour Wash for my background along with a little gesso for texture.
 
Do click the link HERE for Once Upon A Sketch as there are some amazing DT layouts and a super range of fabulous entries.
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope it is not as autumnal with you as it is here.
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

Comments

Netty said…
Beautiful LO Jennie. Glad you had a great time. They grow up so quickly. Annette x
...this is wonderful Jennie, I loVe the way all your ingredients have come together, the colours are bright & happy...the whole piece shows the fun in your most gorgeous Grandson...Melx :)
Tina said…
Gorgeous lines and what a perfect photo for this challenge. Thanks for playing along.
Julia S-W said…
I don't do scrapping but this is gorgeous - easy when you have a handsome little chap like that as your inspiration!! Love how everything radiates from your photo and the window frames the gorgeous one perfectly! What a joy for you to have this little man.
Juliaxx
zenevak said…
Great layout - love all your texture and layers.
Svetlana Austin said…
this is absolutely adorable boy's LO! i love all the details you added to your project! love it!
thank you for joining us at OUAS!
Alison said…
Such a wonderful LO Jennie, & Callum is gorgeous! Can't believe he's 20 months already, I remember when you were awaiting his arrival!
Alison xx
Mona Pendleton said…
Such a sweet photo! Great take on the sketch! The gears and fan fold embelli looks fab! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)
Unknown said…
Super duper cute- LOVING the dangling stars and your journaling tag- great take on both challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us @ OUAS!!

xErin