ABAC : Dust Off Your Old Supplies .........



Dust Off Your Old Supplies is the current challenge at Anything But A Card  - something I think we could all join in! I found some amazing things lurking in the backs of some of my craft drawers.




When I first started scrapbooking I was a great fan of Basic Grey (I still am, but thankfully I have moved on!)  I used to buy the packs of paper and inside each pack was a set of letters and probably like the rest of you I have a few (hmmmm .... more a stack) of these sheets and I never know what to do with them.  



Having got into gesso lately I thought I would stick them on a tag and put gesso over the top of them.  Not being a haphazard sort of person (wish I was!) my letters and numbers are pretty uninspiring but even though they were different colours the gesso covered them all.



I then sprayed the tag with Dylusions Sprays:  London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise and Pure Sunshine.  Gorgeous colours and yep I had matching hands!  I inked up a small text stamp and dotted it here and there and basically that was it. 


I actually really like this as a background and will certainly do it again, perhaps even on a scrapbook page.



I didn't want to put too much decoration on the tag as I really liked the effect, so just a small collage of scrim, hemp, string, lace and ribbon.  The lace and ribbon were inked with the Dylusions Sprays.  The handmade flowers were in my box and were pink, but the inks are so strong they cover most things!


You still have another week to enter this wonderful challenge, so why not get into your cupboards and stash and look for something you haven't used for a while. And of course you can make anything you like as long as it is not a card! If you need some inspiration then click the link HERE and have a scroll down the Design Team pieces and some wonderful entries and click the link HERE for a second week of Design Team pieces.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend x 


Comments

Inkypinkycraft said…
This is fab and what a clever way to use up the letter stickers x trace x hugs x
Jackie said…
This is a lovely background which could only have been done by you because you are not haphazard! You are a planner(!) so its got to be neat. I on the other hand am extremely haphazard. Everything I do is like jumping off a cliff. It causes a lot of stress if you don't know what the outcome will be. I wish I was a bit more of a planner than a wanderer.
Netty said…
loving your beautiful tag, xx
Oh, yum... and what a brilliant way to use those chipboard alphas - they look fabulous as texture within the tag. I'll definitely be giving this a go - thank you for even more inspiration!
Alison xx
Dortesjs said…
Just gorgeous great tut and use of letters
Margaret said…
What a fabulous way to use those letters!! I think I may have a few (ha) of those laying around...
Julia S-W said…
I love your tag Jennie! The background is gorgeous with the colours and the way you've used the sticker letters is inspiring. I used to have some but sadly gave them away and now looking at this make, I would know exactly what to do with them! I love the use of the hessian and your beautiful flowers are always stunning.
Have a great week Jennie (loved your photo on FB!).
Hugs, Juliaxxx
Astrid Maclean said…
Oh wow, great colours and such a good idea to use the letters like that, great inspiration, - I don't have many but I do have a few and this is definitely going to get a try soon!!
Paula Whittaker said…
What a fab tag.... and weirdly a coincidence - I've just done a canvas and used the BG letters and numbers for my background too lol great minds think a like!
Brenda Brown said…
Divine colours Jennie and such a stunning background. Of course I love collage and your little collection of bits and pieces is perfect.
Have a good week.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Unknown said…
Stunning Jennie! Great techniques, great colours and great composition. Stunning! Chris xxx