Celebrating Father's Day



The current challenge at ABAC is Dear Old Dad or something Masculine - a very fitting challenge given today's celebration of Fathers. Click the link HERE to go to the challenge post and some lovely pieces from the Design Team and HERE to go to today's Design Team pieces.  You will no doubt have  made your Father's Day pieces by now but there are some lovely ideas for presents (thinking ahead to birthday's as well!).


Sadly my father is no longer with us but I think he would have liked this vintage hanging.  

I used the Sissix Ornamental Die to cut a piece of mountboard which I then embossed with a (favourite!) Sissix embossing folder.  I covered it all with gesso and then sprayed it with some home made sprays made from Vintage Photo, Stormy Skies and Blue China Distress Re-inkers.  

The colours looked lovely when wet but kept drying rather dull.

So I decided to cover it all with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.  I didn't get a full coverage but I love the way it has gone into the grooves and missed here and there.  



I rather like this chap from the Crafty Individuals Miniatures Book People and Places and they fit so perfectly in the frame from the Sissix Tag and Bookplate Die.

You still have another week to enter into the Challenge - anything with a masculine theme except of course a card!  

Thanks for visiting and I hope you are enjoying a lovely Sunday wherever you are and whoever you are with x




Comments

...gorgeous piece Jennie, vintage photo, stormy skies and broken china go so well together, the crackle looks great as the colours have merged and bled together, super elements too...Mel:)x
CarlaKH said…
Gorgeous! I love the texture and the image. I need to try making my own mists with my reinkers too.
Inkypinkycraft said…
a really fab make, gorgeous crackle and yummy colours x trace x hugs x
Unknown said…
This is fab Jennie! I do so love hangings and this would make a great pressie for any guy, especially today. Great use of texture and colour and you've brought the embies together fabulously. A great project. Enjoy the coming week. Chris xxx
Sue said…
Great tag Jennie. The colours are gorgeous and it has a very vintage feel.
Netty said…
love your terrific tag Jennie, Annette x
Astrid Maclean said…
Oh this looks fantastic!! Love that colour combo so much and the embossing and added Rockcandy Crackle really add to it. The little bit of Cheesecloth or gauze or whatever it is, looks perfect too. Love it!
ria gall said…
Hi Jennie
what a fantastic piece of art really rustic and all man. Love it
Ria
It's a brilliant vintage panel, Jennie - love the crackle over those blended colours... it really does give them back their zing, doesn't it?! Great little photo too, perfect in the bookplate...
Alison x
Margaret said…
Wonderful tag! I love the crackled background and the photo fits the frame perfectly!
Miriam said…
Gorgeous work Jennie - I love it!!
Brenda Brown said…
LOve this Jennie, gorgeous colours and textures.
hugs {brenda} x0x