I Can Do This!


Well I did warn you there was more! Paper Artsy Fresco Paints(Vintage Lace, Orchid and Pansy) but with Crackle Glaze this time! 


Oh what fun I am having and with a quiet month  I have the chance to take part in some challenges I've not visited for a long time.  So this piece is for the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog where the theme is New Year Resolutions. This is not so much a resolution as a mantra! 


All my life I have had a hang up about always looking right - wearing the right clothes, hair all in place, always mascara ...... you get the picture! But hey I am retired and get my bus pass this year, so it is about time I loosened up a bit - hang around in PJs if I want and let my hair go another day (I might not manage the mascara though.........). 

This was the closest quote I could find in my (ever expanding) stamp collection - not really the world expecting me to be someone else but me!


As well as experimenting with the paints I have also been making flowers with some different types of paper.  I used 140lb water colour paper for this one.  It was a little stiff to mould when wet, but I love the way it holds it's shape.  

Do hop over to Frilly and Funkie HERE for some fabulous DT makes - I always follow the blog as there are some wonderful tutorials and how to's and great inspiration, but nice to get the chance to join in this month too.

Have a lovely weekend x





Comments

Rita said…
What Wonderful Tag. I really need to get my paints out again and use them. Great inspiration Jennie. Hugs Rita xxx
Redanne said…
You are a total natural with those gorgeous paints and glaze Jennie, this tag is simply gorgeous and the flower is fabulous.

Your resolution made me smile and could have been written by me a couple of years ago - now I don't worry at all and it is lovely just being me! Hugs, Anne x
A glorious tag, Jennie - beautiful colours and I love the layers of paint and crackle. The quote is one of my favourites, and I thoroughly applaud the thought behind it - hope you're in your PJs right now!!
Alison xx
Astrid Maclean said…
Great tag, love the flower and yes, that quote is one of my favourites too! Love the fabulous background you created also!
I totally relate to your previous life - although I was rebellious with clothing choices!
Love your tag. Perfect quote and have fun with your playing Jennie.
linnzan said…
Hi!
I just say wow!!!! You have made so many nice things.
I am really impressed. Love your Tim Holtz tag for january!

/Linn
Jenny Marples said…
And it's so special to have you joining us this month! That's a great mantra to have Jennie and I hope you really have a huge amount of relaxed and creative fun this year. Your experimentation is really paying dividends with the wonderful paint/crackle tag and the beautiful flower (as always). Thank you for your lovely entry and kind words about Frilly and Funkie. Jenny xxx
Brenda Brown said…
This is just delightful Jennie, I adore the colours and effects you have achieved. Wonderful.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Alison said…
A brilliant resolution Jennie, & your tag is stunning!
Happy New Year!
Alison xxx
Beautifully done Jennie!! I adore that water color paper flower...have to try that! and the layers on your tag are fab! Thanks for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie challenge! ((hugs)) Rebecca
Margaret said…
Your flowers are always so amazing and this tag is the perfect home for the beautiful paper flower! This is one of my favorite quotes too!